Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/3/2003 7:59:42 AM EDT
I am putting in my order for a 9mm upper this week, and was curious what everyone else has gone with, or prefers. I am thinking A2 upper, as I really like the cantileverd "gooseneck" carry handle setup I have on my M4. But I thought it might be worth hearing pros/cons flattop setup before I ordered
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:09:55 AM EDT
[img]HTTP://users.adelphia.net/~masine/9sbr.bmp[/img] Flattops offer so much versatility....
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:44:14 AM EDT
I guess I should state that I am trying to deicde if it is worth the extra $$$ to get a full flattop (no front or rear sights) with BUIS. When it is all said and done I probably will have spent an extra $150 on the setup.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:55:22 AM EDT
IMHO,..The flat gas block is only useful in SPR or varmiter setups,..But,to each his own...Flattop with standard front sight base upper usually run 25$ or so less...Add a Detachable carry handle and your only looking at 70$ more than an A2 upper...Plus you can add whatever you want later...Just my .02$ ...UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:30:02 AM EDT
You don't find that the front sight gets in the way of the red dot? (looks like an aimpoint in the pic) I always thought it would be fairly distracting in an unmagnified optic, but not having held one I don't really know. Good point, I forgot that the flattop is $25 less, which means it would only be $50 or so to upgrade.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:40:21 AM EDT
Underdog, Is that a Rock River upper and barrel in your pic? Very nice setup!!! If so did you have to cut a 16 inch barrel down or can you order a 10.5 incher from RR? Im looking into SBRing my Colt Sporter. Does anyone know if Rock Rivers finish will match up with my Colt lower. It kind of has that dark grey finish.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:53:20 AM EDT
Dawg,The aimpoint cowitnesses in the lower 25% and you never even notice...RPD,The upper rec is RRA, the barrel is custom work done by Mike@TSC .co....I had a midlength upper and wasn't able to cut it down cost effectively...A standard CAR length upper can be cut down easily...I think you can get an 11.5 in setup from RR but no 10.5"..Mine works out to about 10" even...My RRA upper is a deep black and would be a little dark for the colt lower IMHO...BTW the upper in the pic is POST BAN COMPLIANT!... Who says postbans cant be cool....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:09:26 AM EDT
Bitchin Flattop it is! [headbang]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:23:44 AM EDT
Glad you like, But that is only my opinion...Think about it some more,Don't let me sway you...I'm just trying to keep you from somewhere down the road saying DAM...If only I...UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:10:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2003 11:11:56 AM EDT by Dawg180]
Well, since we are obviously involved in a conversation on this in two different threads, I guess I can get all philisophical about it- I think flattop is the way to go now b/c I can try mounting on the f/t, and if I don't like it I can just get a carry handle and use the c OKO/cheap chinese cantiliever mount I have on it. bingo, two solutions to the problem and only the cost of a carry handle! And I already did the "damn" thing with my M4, until I found the cantilever mount, so that reinforces my deicison. And who the heck has A2 carry handles for $70?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:31:19 AM EDT
And who the heck has A2 carry handles for $70?
View Quote
I do[:)]..IM sent
Top Top