Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 9:01:26 PM EDT
Im going to be building a 9mm AR.I have been told the colt system with uzi mags is more reliable than the block that takes unmodified and cheaper sten mags.The key discrepancie between the two is the fact that the sten block can be accidently released with the AR mag cath and the colt system the mag catch is used on the modified and more expensive uzi mags.I figured if thats the only difference with the two then I could use the sten block and replace the mag catch button with the proper round nut so the block can be inserted and tightened with making the catch so it cannot be pressed in.No accidental release of the block and a more snug block.What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
all i know is that sten mags are cheap as hell
and your gonna spend at least $35 per uzi mag..

[red]u might want to try putting this exact post in the rim fire & pistol caliber ar uppers section[/red]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Just what I was thinking,Im gonna go with the cheaper stn mags.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I went from the Oly to the Colt system only because I could get LEonly colt 9mm mags for $25 each and I like the last bolt hold open feature.

The magazine button if your gonna keep it 9mm and not go back and forth the button can be modified so it only released if pushed with a tool below flush. This will prevent mind accident from dropping the block out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Also just to cause you added stress this rifle/conversion is going to be available after the first of the year.

[url]http://www.tommy15.com[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top