Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2005 7:34:52 PM EDT
I put maybe 100 rounds thru the new 6450 with no probs. I finished off the last 30 rounds of the Winchester non-hollows and knowing that I would be shooting the next day, I did not clean the rifle. The new 115gr Winchester hollows would only load with the charging handle but would jam after EVERY shot. The rounds are new and look great. Is a common problem? Seems that a LEO carbine would be more tolerant...
flap
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah HP ammo doesn't feed very if at all out of the colt systems I have no clue about the olyimpic setups. you would get a better answer over in the pistol and rimfire caiblre forum
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
yeah HP ammo doesn't feed very if at all out of the colt systems I have no clue about the olyimpic setups. you would get a better answer over in the pistol and rimfire caiblre forum

If I ever buy any HP 9mm, I'll give it a test in my Oly.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Never have had a problem with HP in my Colt.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
HP will not feed in my 6450 9mm Colt. If you are looking to use a 9mm for defense purposes, might I sugest Cor-Bon Pow'RBall? that does feed from mine ok, and the Colt rifles are rater for +P as I recall.
John F.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
This should take care of any worries about feeding issues.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:45:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info, gents. I'll try some different brands of non HP...
flap
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This should take care of any worries about feeding issues.

A Colt style mag block without the BHO function. Blasphemy I say!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I've  shot HPs in my Colt and Bushmaster,havent had any problems doing so.

Maybe you should,if you dont already have m4 feed ramps?

Heavier buffer?

Just a thought.

TG

OOPs, havent had my coffee yet,just noticed  this topic is  for 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#9]
gold dots work w/o a problem
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Me either, and I have put many thousand rounds of 147 grain Winchester Western, Federal Hydro Shok, and Speer Gold Dot, through a Colt SMG.   The only gun I ever had a problem with was a Colt SMG that was a lemon out of the box and that went back to the factory as defective.   The other two I had ran perfectly with whatever I put in them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me either, and I have put many thousand rounds of 147 grain Winchester Western, Federal Hydro Shok, and Speer Gold Dot, through a Colt SMG.   The only gun I ever had a problem with was a Colt SMG that was a lemon out of the box and that went back to the factory as defective.   The other two I had ran perfectly with whatever I put in them.

I know I've used Ranger Talons, Triton, and Cor-bon with no stopages. To be honest I haven't used too many varieties in it, but I figured if the Cor-bon would cycle then just about anything would.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top