Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 2:53:23 PM EDT
Looking for opinions on home defense set up for 9mm.  I seem to be getting the impression that evryone seems to have at least some trouble with 9mm setups.  Can you please give me your opinions on the different mag blocks etc.  What I am really interested in is a setup to feed hollowpoints.  It seems like this is going to entail ramping the barrel and adjusting the feed ramp of the mag block.  If people have a reliable hollowpoint setup please chime in and give me the skinny.
Rad
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Rock River Arms 9mm upper and mag block.  With  Colt 20 and 32 round mags, and a variety of hollowpoints, it has been 100% reliable (knock on wood!).  With the Argentine 40 round mags, I would say it is about 99% reliable with hollow points.

My experience is limited to 115 and 147 grain JHP's.  I heartily recommend the 147's!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
9mm... Glock, Uzi, AR.

The Glock is 100%, Uzi is same. The AR I use has been trouble free so far, I use the Hy-Tech block, and it has fed the 145 Brown Bear, 147 Gold Dot handloads, and various ball type ammo.

I have hand cycled Gold Sabers, Black Talons, Ranger +P+, Winchester 147 HP, both Silver Tip and std copper. Not fired these yet, and wont attempt to use my Talons, I'm keeping those for collection.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Rockriver/custom barrel upper and rockriver magblock.  Mine will not run hollowpoints with uzi mags...But it will run 100%(so far)with the SA taperfeed mags....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Who is a good source of sa mags.  I assume you mean south african and is there anything else to distinquish them when i order them.

Thanks for the imput.
Rad
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]HTTP://users.adelphia.net/~masine/samag.jpg[/img]
Dont know of anyone selling them new right now,Try the EE...Feel free to use my image to help your search,Ill leave it up on my Host sight for a couple weeks for you to use....UNDERDOG
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top