Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/4/2004 4:50:58 PM EST
I've been cruisin' the auction sites for a stripped lower & noticed an 80% lower for "$100 (reserve not met)" and it is in the white to boot.

Now my public school math may be failing me but doesn't it make just about $11 more sense to buy a finished ready to assemble stripped lower? Not counting the tooling required to finish...ie the tap required for the buffer tube. Am I missing something here? The only advantage I can think of is that you wouldn't have to fill out the yellow sheet the 80% lower.

My next build will likely be another lower aquired from EE since the prices there are as good as it gets.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:15:04 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:52:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By slidestop:
Some guys enjoy doing the machine work . You don't build a 80% to save money thats for sure. I'm sure if you think harder you can come up with more reason why .

LOL
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:48:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By slidestop:
Some guys enjoy doing the machine work . You don't build a 80% to save money thats for sure. I'm sure if you think harder you can come up with more reason why .

Hmm now what could that possibly mean??
I just got hooked up with a guy who ownes a machine shop with complete CNC work available. I'm going to buy some lower blanks and umm save some money.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:25:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 3:26:22 AM EST by SouthHoof]
Ya'll can't be implying that criminals would bother with 80% lowers. Afterall everyone knows they get their assault weapons from a trunk of a car for $50 or via the dreaded gunshow loophool.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:36:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By SouthHoof:
Ya'll can't be implying that criminals would bother with 80% lowers. Afterall everyone knows they get their assault weapons from a trunk of a car for $50 or via the dreaded gunshow loophool.

Don't let that kind of information get out. I would suggest you delete your post immediately.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:12:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By SouthHoof:

AND JUST WHERE ARE THESE CAR TRUNKS ANYWAY??!!!
Top Top