Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2003 4:50:49 AM EDT
What's needed to complete one of these?
I've done an AR lower, is it much more involved? SNAFU's? Things to watch for?
I cant seem to search this site, links would be helpful.:D
BTW, I'm looking at the GI steel 80% frame.
Eric
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on who's frame you get. They are all different in the amount of completion required.

Usually they require cutting of the frame rails, reaming the holes to proper sizes, cutting the barrel lug slot, tapping the grip bushings holes along with the usual work required to fit parts.

Tannery shop is a good start to find the frame. They have a few different versions with varying levels of work required. They also carry KT frames which only require cutting of the rails and the lug slot. If I remember correctly, all holes are reamed to size and the bushing holes are already tapped. They do have an accessory rail on the front, but you can remove that if you don't want it, other than that is is a GI Government model.

[url] www.tanneryshop.com[/url]
[url] www.kristitool.com[/url]

I'm sure there are a few other suppliers manufacturers out there, but these are the only ones that come to mind.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top