Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2003 3:53:23 PM EDT
Does anyone here have any experience with these? Where can I find one? If I bought one, I would buy the blueprint also and bring it to a machine shop to have them finish it. How much money is involved realistically and is it worth it in the end? Thanks in advance for any info on the subject.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
i saw some on ebay a while back, they might pop up again.....that's all I know on the subject
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If I bought one, I would buy the blueprint also and bring it to a machine shop to have them finish it.
View Quote

IIRC, to legally finish a 80% receiver, you have to do the work yourself.  You might want to go to the [url]www.tanneryshop.com[/url] for a 80% AR15 lower.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#4]
[url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=148435]BIY lower build sites[/url]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Supposedly you can take one to a machinist but you have to stay there and supervise/direct the work.  However, the reason we do these is for the challenge and satisfaction of doing it ourselves.  Its not that hard.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top