Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2005 4:35:31 PM EDT
I've got a new CompML/XD with a 7 moa dot. I got it a few years ago for a shotgun project that never came to be. Would this be too much for my AR's? Maybe not for a CQB role but how about long range? I have two 3's & one 4 moa models BUT I need another sight for a mount that I picked up. I have an early C-more Tactical that's on my Colt (I know..but that's because it's Colt marked) which has a 6 moa dot & that seems OK. Any & all advice, info or opinions are greatly appreciated!

Robert
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
For 25 yards in, fine, but the problem with a 7 MOA dot at 100 yards or beyond is more than obvious. I would sell it and get a 3-4 MOA Aimpoint. An Eotech is another option, since you don't have to buy a mount for it (unless you want to QD it).

I'm sorry there's no real cheap solution for you, but this is an expensive hobby unfortunately for us.

themao
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
For 25 yards in, fine, but the problem with a 7 MOA dot at 100 yards or beyond is more than obvious. I would sell it and get a 3-4 MOA Aimpoint. An Eotech is another option, since you don't have to buy a mount for it (unless you want to QD it).

I'm sorry there's no real cheap solution for you, but this is an expensive hobby unfortunately for us.

themao hainsawkill.gif

QD it?

What's that mean.

Nikkels
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
QD = Quick Detach ala the Larue or GG&G Mount
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top