Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2002 8:48:44 AM EDT
Is there a source for reliably functioning mags (or new followers?)that hold at least 10 rounds?  The standard 5.56 mags don't work all that great for me if they get loaded much past 5 rounds.  I have a bunch of that hollow-point ammunition and the tip of the bullet seems to get snagged when feeding.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally just have the USA mags that I tinkered with and some Gtechs that are all 30 rounders but don't know a source.
I've heard the DPMS 10 rounders work good but haven't tried them myself.  Here's a link:
www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/999134
Here is my setup for 7.62x39 on registered receiver Colt614
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The solution for me is the ProMag ten rounder.   You can find high cap. mags for AR15s in 7.62x39, but they all seem to be junk.  As you know, a .556 mag doesn't work well at all.  Three or four rounds max.  I think you will find the fit and function of the ProMag 10 rounder in 7.62x39 to be perfect and will serve you needs quite well.

Link Posted: 11/4/2002 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
It may be useless,but the GTecks are the BEST 7.62X39 mag ever made for the AR15..I have had 2-AR's in 7.62X39,luckly I was able to find and buy the GTechs,some of mine loaded 35 to 37rnds,and didn't miss a beat..You are really going to have to Hunt for these,but if you ever find 1 or more,don't snooze,buy them.. By the way,(THAT IS 1 BAD UNIT YOU HAVE ,FULL AUTO..YEOW!!)
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I purchased a 10 round mag from DPMS by way of Midway (about $15.00) and it functioned well.  I put about 70 rounds through it (10 at a time of course) with no mag problems.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top