Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/5/2014 11:56:37 AM EDT
Anyone have any feedback on the latest CPD 7.62x39 mags for the AR? Are the 20 & 30 round mags GTG?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 5:45:05 PM EDT
ive been looking for their new 15 and 20rd... but havent seen them anywhere...
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:49:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gastonglock21s:
Anyone have any feedback on the latest CPD 7.62x39 mags for the AR? Are the 20 & 30 round mags GTG?
View Quote

What do I look for in the latest generation of mag?

Just bought a 30 rounder on sale for about $15 but havent shot it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:53:26 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By krm944:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krm944:

Do they feed reliably or do they need to be tweaked for reliable function, do they drop free, or any other observations.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/6/2014 3:02:58 PM EDT by swadiver]
I have two of the latest C Defense Products 30 rd mags and one 10 rounder. all 3 feed perfectly out of the box in my 7.62 x39 carbine and pistol. only one of my (2) 30 rd ASC mags is reliable
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:34:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/6/2014 1:35:17 PM EDT by Mudpie1313]
I just purchased six of the asc....from posts I have read before they got the Benefit of the doubt. I have not used them yet but I will only Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:02:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Mudpie1313:
I just purchased six of the asc....from posts I have read before they got the Benefit of the doubt. I have not used them yet but I will only Saturday.
View Quote

give us a report if you would
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:34:52 PM EDT
Hopefully I will shoot on saturday. I have to pick up brass cased ammo to break in the upper. It has a 7.5 barrel with kak flashcan. I picked up off gun broker.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:56:54 PM EDT
I recently got an Olympic Arms 7.62 AR. It came with a 30 rd ASC mag, and the LSG threw in a 25 rd ASC 6.8 mag. The 30 is nearly impossible to load, and neither ASC mag likes to have more than a handful of rounds in it. Otherwise I get miss feeds (stove pipes with the next round part way in the chamber).

I just received 4 of C Product Defense's Gen II 30 rd mags. I have not been able to shoot with them yet, but loading is as difficult as the ASC 30 rds. Also, they do not have no-tilt followers, and the spring does not attach to the follower. Actually they load worse than the ASC mags, as the follower hangs up and the spring won't always push it to the top. Tapping the mag can loosen the follower, but I am not impressed so far. Hopefully they will shoot well. Looking at these new mags you can see they got rid of the dimples on the feed lips that catch the cases in the ASC mags. But, the front edge of the mags is not as low as I expected to see. If they shoot well, I will be happy. Love the rifle. I knew going in that mags could be an issue. This is my only gun I took that risk on. But, it is fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:09:56 PM EDT
i use the 5.56 Lula loader for both my ASC and C Defense products 7.62 x39 30 rd mags. it works great with a little extra manipulation. it's easier than hand loading and no problem loading 30 rds in these mags.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:31:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By swadiver:
i use the 5.56 Lula loader for both my ASC and C Defense products 7.62 x39 30 rd mags. it works great with a little extra manipulation. it's easier than hand loading and no problem loading 30 rds in these mags.
View Quote

I tried my 5.56 and 7.62 (AK mag) speed loaders on the ASC mags and didn't have luck loading with them. I'll give it another try.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:43:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ledfingers:

I tried my 5.56 and 7.62 (AK mag) speed loaders on the ASC mags and didn't have luck loading with them. I'll give it another try.
View All Quotes

My ASC mags were a bitch to load and were unreliable. I have 4 CPD 28-round mags that work flawlessly. I even dremel'd the front lip on the ASCs, still not reliable with anything but FMJs. And even then they would flub up a feed from time to time. CPD mags work awesome for me though.

Anybody know where the new 30-rounders are available at????
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:27:47 AM EDT

View All Quotes

When loading my ASC mags with the 5.56 Lula I use a small socket driver on the tip of the round to shove it in, saves wear and tear on the thumb. There was an earlier thread with pics of someone who had modded their 5.56 Lula by mounting a stud on the lobes to get the 7.62 rounds low enough.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:49:51 PM EDT
ASC now has a 20rd'er that I want to try. Has anyone tried one these yet??
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 9:31:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By wanderson:

When loading my ASC mags with the 5.56 Lula I use a small socket driver on the tip of the round to shove it in, saves wear and tear on the thumb. There was an earlier thread with pics of someone who had modded their 5.56 Lula by mounting a stud on the lobes to get the 7.62 rounds low enough.
View Quote

Do you happen to know where that thread is regarding moding the 5.56 lulu for use with 7.62x39? Tried searching but didn't find anything,

Thanks again,
Fred R.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:05:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Reviveourhomes:
ASC now has a 20rd'er that I want to try. Has anyone tried one these yet??
View Quote

I have one used with a Model 1 Sales upper. So far, 400 or so rounds, no problems of any kind.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:03:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/13/2014 6:16:19 AM EDT by BallisticTip]
The 20 rd ACS mags run great for me, need to get some more.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:22:19 AM EDT

Do you happen to know where that thread is regarding moding the 5.56 lulu for use with 7.62x39? Tried searching but didn't find anything,

Thanks again,
Fred R.
View Quote

I couldn't find it, I think it was about 6 months ago when I saw it. The pic looked like a BB or small bearing attached to the edge of each of the Lula lobes, I think it was a stud as I thought I remember the OP mentioning drilling the lobe and screwing the stud in. I'd thought about trying to build up the lobes with some epoxy or urethane glue but haven't been brave enough to risk screwing up my Lula to try it.

BTW, I just ordered some ASC 20 round mags. wanted to try the CPDs just to see if they're as good as the ASCs but i can't find any available, guess they're still 'out of stock'. ASCs have always been good to me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:49:37 PM EDT
here you go

http://shop.lcjwholesalestore.com/30-RD-GEN-II-762X39-CPD-STAINLESS-STEEL-MAGAZINE-762x39-CPD-Stainless-magazine.htm
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:31:31 AM EDT
Those are 30 round mags, been looking for the CPD 20 round mags that have been 'out of stock' since they were announced last year. No problem, my ASC 20s came in the mail yesterday. ASC even has the 20s in black, FDE & green so I went with FDE.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:58:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By wanderson:
Those are 30 round mags, been looking for the CPD 20 round mags that have been 'out of stock' since they were announced last year. No problem, my ASC 20s came in the mail yesterday. ASC even has the 20s in black, FDE & green so I went with FDE.
View Quote

gotcha
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:43:32 AM EDT
I mentioned this in another thread: about 6 months ago, ASC came out with a new magazine spring and new follower for their 30 rd 7.62x39 mags.

HighSpeedSteel
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:08:20 AM EDT
all four of my cpd 30rndrs run fine in my pistol. the guys that have trouble loading them need to grow a set
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:45:18 PM EDT
I think i have one of their old ones. it doesn't feed for shit, but the new i just got is ok.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:51:01 PM EDT
View Quote

Hi,

I did testing for the CPD Inc 10, 15, 20 magazines, and their revised 30 round magazines and fired over a 1000 rounds of various types of 7.62 x 39 ammo from subsonic to HP's without a jam. I haven't had the chance to test the ASC 20 round magazine yet, but it looks larger than the CPD Inc magazine. The new CPD Inc. 15 and 20 round magazines I tested are very compact. The new 20 round CPD Inc. magazine is about the size of a Magpul 20 round 5.56 PMAG, and it was no problem to bench rest it or shoot offhand. CPD Inc. redesigned their 28 round magazine and it now holds 30 rounds from my shooting I'd say this is a very reliable magazine with no jams in over 500 rounds of shooting. A picture of the new 20 round CPD Inc. magazine in my rifle is posted below.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w53/gedington61/ArmaliteSPR01_20rdCPMag_zpsa2b942e1.jpg

CPD Inc is done with the 15 & 20 magazine designs, and in the process of tooling up for the 20 round, possibly the 15 round, and another 7.62 x 39 magazine. I had a chance to talk with the owner of CPD Inc. Adel Jamil at the NRA Convention in Indianapolis in May. The 15 round magazine is in question due to the pending new magazine limitation legislation in New Jersey and the fact that the current 10 round and future 20 round magazines can be shot from a bench rest just as well. I really like the 15 round magazine, it's better than the ASC and CPD Inc. 10 round magazine in my opinion, and very reliable, but the 20 rounder is more fun to shoot. Money drives all this stuff to a certain extent and it looks like the market for the 15 rounder might be going away, and everyone who I let shoot the 15 and 20 rounders preferred the the 20 rounder over the 15. I hope this information answers your questions.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:41:47 AM EDT

CPD 30-rounders working fine for me. Can't say the same for ASC and AR-STONER ...

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:00:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2014 3:26:42 PM EDT by blackdragonguns]
What's the web site for CPD so I can check them out? What other places can you get the mags at? Nevermind I found it. So when are the 20 round mags supposed to come out?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:05:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2014 1:18:57 PM EDT by BallisticTip]
ASC 20 rd pics, got a dozen of them all work great.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:28:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By blackdragonguns:
What's the web site for CPD so I can check them out? What other places can you get the mags at? Nevermind I found it. So when are the 20 round mags supposed to come out?
View Quote

Hi,

From what I heard from the owner it's going to be around 8 weeks plus however long it takes to get them out to their dealers. The delay is because they are tooling up for other new 7.62x39 magazine capacities. My honest opinion looking at the photos posted is that the CPD Inc. 20 round Mag is noticeably smaller than the ASC magazine. I do know that it was engineered to load easily as I only had to push it in and didn't need a slap to seat it in the magazine well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 10:07:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2014 10:09:29 AM EDT by navnmamaril]
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n593/Neil_Mamaril/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg

I had 3 previous run A.S.C. 7.62x39 mags.

2 30rd
and
1 10rd.

The 30's were and still are to this day flawless. The 10 rounder needed tweaking, as it worked in my YHM but not my wife's M1S.

I spoke with A.S.C. and they assured me they were getting their act together on the 10 rounders and ordered another identical set.

All three were flawless in my YHM, but NONE worked in my wife's M1s. So I tweaked the lips and they all feed just fine. Interesting note, my new 10 rd A.S.C. has what appears to be A REGULAR 5.56 follower, whereas my older 10rd has your standard 7.62x39 A.S.C. follower.

I didn't think the ASC's were going to give us any issues, they did. I was unsure of anyone else so I didn't want to try a new brand when the devil I know has been alright.

Another note, my YHM has the feed ramps down at a 45 degree angle to either side of the weapon, whereas my wife's M1s has almost straight up and down feed ramps...

Hope this helps someone with data gathering.

CPD is C-products right? They're mags are listed as 28rd capacity..... What's up with that?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:31:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2014 2:35:36 AM EDT by PicatinnyPete]
Hi,

Thanks for sharing Inc. your pictures with us:-) CPD Inc. is not C-Products Llc, CPD Inc. has different owners(Adel & Carol Jamil, and a different location. I talked with the owner Adel Jamil at the NRA show and asked him why he named the company C Products Defense Inc. (CPD Inc.) after the epic fail of Barry Bergin & Larry Panka's C-Products Llc? Adel Jamil told me that he bought out Larry Panka's residual machinery and stock as he was a distributor and needed the inventory, and ability to make new magazines for US & foreign customers. Mr. Jamil thought it was a good idea to keep part of the name so foreign customers would recognize the new manufacture mags. Few years later they refer to it as CPD Inc, but keep the full name on the website and stationary.

I guess Barry Begin who was the engineer at C-Products Llc set up shop as A.S.C. with a new partner. I have three out of five A. S. C. mags that ran OK. The CPD Inc. Mags all ran great but only held 28 rounds. I called CPD Inc., and gave my input that the spring and follower weren't working together right. CPD Inc. sent me some free mags to test and based on the tests they changed the spring and the capacity is now 30 vs. 28 rounds. Later, I tested 15 & 20 round magazines for CPD Inc., and they function and feel nice. I'm guessing that some distributors haven't updated websites.

Now we have A.S.C & CPD Inc. coming out with 20 round 7.62x39 magazines at the same time! I guess the market will tell which are better, but it's nice to have a choice, isn't America great.

Best Regards:-)
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:41:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PicatinnyPete:
Hi,

Thanks for sharing Inc. your pictures with us:-) CPD Inc. is not C-Products Llc, CPD Inc. has different owners(Adel & Carol Jamil, and a different location. I talked with the owner Adel Jamil at the NRA show and asked him why he named the company C Products Defense Inc. (CPD Inc.) after the epic fail of Barry Bergin & Larry Panka's C-Products Llc? Adel Jamil told me that he bought out Larry Panka's residual machinery and stock as he was a distributor and needed the inventory, and ability to make new magazines for US & foreign customers. Mr. Jamil thought it was a good idea to keep part of the name so foreign customers would recognize the new manufacture mags. Few years later they refer to it as CPD Inc, but keep the full name on the website and stationary.

I guess Barry Begin who was the engineer at C-Products Llc set up shop as A.S.C. with a new partner. I have three out of five A. S. C. mags that ran OK. The CPD Inc. Mags all ran great but only held 28 rounds. I called CPD Inc., and gave my input that the spring and follower weren't working together right. CPD Inc. sent me some free mags to test and based on the tests they changed the spring and the capacity is now 30 vs. 28 rounds. Later, I tested 15 & 20 round magazines for CPD Inc., and they function and feel nice. I'm guessing that some distributors haven't updated websites.

Now we have A.S.C & CPD Inc. coming out with 20 round 7.62x39 magazines at the same time! I guess the market will tell which are better, but it's nice to have a choice, isn't America great.

Best Regards:-)
View Quote

Hey man, that is some great info. Maybe I'll toss my hat towards CPD in that case since ASC totally failed me on my last run!
Top Top