Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2003 10:54:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Will this be able to accept the Sumoi[SP?] drums?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Will you be selling these?

Any word on a .45 magazine block?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC the Suomi drums are for the 9mm Luger, which is shorter than the 7.62x25 Tokarev.  There are similar drums for the Tokarev, namely those for the Ppsh41.  These would require a feed tower, and depending on your interpretation of "creating a new high capacity feeding device", might get you more attention from ATF than you desire (don't flame me on this, I am merely repeating what was stated earlier this year in a large article in the front of SGN or Gun List ... they were using Suomi drums to make them fit the MP-5 series ...)

Doug - I believe the mags are the Ppsh43, not the 41, the 41 has the weird "wings" and won't fit in the mag well.  The 43s are more like the Uzi style.  They are an almost perfect fit for the mag well of both the AR-15 and another little rifle.

BTW, we made that barrel for Doug ....

Marty
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:58:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I believe the mags are the Ppsh43, not the 41, the 41 has the weird "wings" and won't fit in the mag well.  The 43s are more like the Uzi style.  They are an almost perfect fit for the mag well of both the AR-15 and another little rifle.
View Quote

Yes, Marty you are right.  It is the PPS43 mags that work in the AR magwell, not the PPSh41 mags.  Not only are the PPSh41 magazines too big for the AR magwell, but they are single-feed, which will not work with the double-feed bolt that is in the Colt-style 9mm uppers.

I'm patiently waiting for RRA to make that upper for me so you can convert it 7.62x25.  Then I'll finally have the "Little Bitch," as I've already come to call it.

:D
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top