Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2005 7:07:00 AM EDT
I've done some searching on here and still haven't located any info on the Black Hills ammo loaded with 73-grain projectile - I think it's a BTHP (OTM)

Has anyone shot this?  Any results accuracy wise?   Any information on performance in gelatin? Pot Roasts?

One would *assume* that it would have decent penetration/fragmentation by extrapolating data about the 68, 69 and 75 grain black hills loads, but assumptions aren't data of course, so...

Anyone know where I might find more info on these?   (already checked the Oracle, didn't see info for this load there, but if I missed it, I'm sure someone will let me know.)

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Artifex,
It is compareable in most all respects ,including gel and accuracy, to the 77. We discontinued it for 2005. Jeff Hoffman, Black Hills Ammo
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Jeff, did the 73 gr Berger's you guys used have a cannelure?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Capn_Crunch,
No cannelure. Jeff
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top