Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2016 9:23:54 PM EDT
I just assembled this guy earlier tonight from some spare parts I had lying around.  The last bit was the upper receiver.  Looking forward to run it as a beater rifle.

photo 3-1 by , on Flickr

Take-off PSA FN-made M4 barrel and handguards
A2 upper receiver from the EE (Cerroforge keyhole and an indented F.  FN manufacture maybe?)
PSA BCG, blem lower, buffer tube kit, LPK (with their "enhanced polished" trigger).  All purchased over the past year during various sales
Stock is a mystery piece I got off of eBay.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:41:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:
I just assembled this guy earlier tonight from some spare parts I had lying around.  The last bit was the upper receiver.  Looking forward to run it as a beater rifle.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/FQPHXf" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1572/26150417152_7c928b0cbc_b.jpg</a>photo 3-1 by , on Flickr

Take-off PSA FN-made M4 barrel and handguards
A2 upper receiver from the EE (Cerroforge keyhole and an indented F.  FN manufacture maybe?)
PSA BCG, blem lower, buffer tube kit, LPK (with their "enhanced polished" trigger).  All purchased over the past year during various sales
Stock is a mystery piece I got off of eBay.
View Quote

Looks great seems like we have seen a run of these recently!
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:56:23 AM EDT
Nice build, it's asking for krylon ;)
Looks rough and tumble already though!
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:33:12 AM EDT
Nice build. Yes, the "F" makes it an FN upper. I'm liking these more and more. My first AR back in '07 was a Bushmaster "M4A2." I've got a nice FN 20" build, but I recently acquired a beater Colt A2 receiver that I may do a carbine build with. Seems like CAR stocks go for retarded money lately.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:45:29 AM EDT
Good looking build!
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 11:04:18 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 70satvert:
Nice build. Yes, the "F" makes it an FN upper. I'm liking these more and more. My first AR back in '07 was a Bushmaster "M4A2." I've got a nice FN 20" build, but I recently acquired a beater Colt A2 receiver that I may do a carbine build with. Seems like CAR stocks go for retarded money lately.
View Quote

MA Parts has Mil Spec CAR stock bodies for $25
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:46:01 PM EDT
NICE CARBEAN

The stock isn't quite a good copy, but who cares.  The Colt ones and copies have the vertical strengthening thingy's.  2 of them.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 3:56:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2016 3:56:57 PM EDT by peekay]
That "CAR" stock looks like an airsoft N1 replica. Even the non Colt repros have the reinforcing ribs on the sides.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 6:32:18 PM EDT
I got the stock off of eBay on a whim.  It was about $20 including shipping from a random seller.  It fits well on a milspec tube, but I'd prefer a legit stock with the aforementioned reinforcement ribs.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 6:52:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 9:39:38 PM EDT
Sweet!
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 2:30:11 PM EDT
Pretty nice for a spare parts rifle. Get you some skinny HGs and the new stock and that'll be a nice 727 clone, no longer a 727ish =)
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 3:47:30 PM EDT
the M&A car telestock is a nice second to the Colts, especially for the $$, however expect
to hit it with some sandpaper to clean up rough edges and imperfections.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:04:35 PM EDT
Just an update:

a.  I sighted the carbine in a week or so ago, and it ran just fine.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it will run suppressed next time I hit up the range.  

2.  I added a ProMag side sling swivel, which is perfectly functional, but definitely not as nice as a real deal Colt one.

d.  I picked up one of the aforementioned M&A car stocks, and it is waaaaaay better than the mystery one I had on it before.  I definitely recommend it for any build.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:02:14 AM EDT
Very nice, love a nice and simple carbine.
Well done.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:43:00 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:
Just an update:

a.  I sighted the carbine in a week or so ago, and it ran just fine.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it will run suppressed next time I hit up the range.  

2.  I added a ProMag side sling swivel, which is perfectly functional, but definitely not as nice as a real deal Colt one.

d.  I picked up one of the aforementioned M&A car stocks, and it is waaaaaay better than the mystery one I had on it before.  I definitely recommend it for any build.
View Quote

Sweeeeeeeeeeet.  Updated pics?  
Top Top