Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2004 2:28:08 PM EDT
Does anyone offer factory loaded ammo for the 6mm ppc? I'm new to AR's and I'm on my first build but not my last. I'm building a 223 upper and I would like to build a 6.8spc as my second. Third.........6mmppc or 6.5 grendal(as funds allow). Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
6mmPPC is a benchrest round.  Gotta be tons of load info on a BR forum.

Try here
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I haven't found any loaded 6mm ppc myself.   Haven't seen but handfulls of very expensive brass either, but I haven't looked hard.  

I just bought the varmit 6ppc from Mod1...  I'm still waiting for my dies...  As I reload, I plan on making brass from 7.62x39...   if you don't reload the Grendal has ammo availble midway and a few others (check out the grendal site), but its a bit pricey.

As for the grendal, good luck getting anything but an upper from one of Alexander's distributers.   I pursued this before I bought the 6ppc from mod1.   Guys will custom make you a barrel but no one will stock and sell them enmass for fear of copy right infringment, and I haven't seen any offerd by Alexander or there distributers.

6.8 spc...  seems like a nice Idea, but the grendal will out perform it  ballistically, and seeing you can seat bullets out farther if your a hand loader and they still will work through the mag I'd rather have the 6.5 grendal.

But I bought a Grendal mag for my 6ppc am having some trouble, and I haven't even put one round of 6ppc in the magazine!  See this thread

But I'm a newbee as well... what could I know.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does anyone offer factory loaded ammo for the 6mm ppc? I'm new to AR's and I'm on my first build but not my last. I'm building a 223 upper and I would like to build a 6.8spc as my second. Third.........6mmppc or 6.5 grendal(as funds allow). Thanks for any help.

Let's just say that the target market for 6mm ppc is not interested in factory ammo...

Benchresters, almost to a man, all reload...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all for the information. 6ppc was a thought for the third upper( and still is since i like to tinker with my gun collection and the ar15 is a good firearm made for this hobby). Since I currently work for an engineering firm( as support), we are currently expanding our DoD work. This sight is the best source of general information on the ar15 in support of projects the company is working on. thanks again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top