Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2012 3:14:03 PM EDT
What is everyone running for 6.8 mags? Whats the best? Any poly mags?
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't reload so I only run barrett's a little heavy but built like a tank.

If you reload and load a longer oal use pri IMO their steal is to weak if you drop one on the feed lips good chance you will need to have them tweeked

C-prod defence will be releasing some soon everyone is looking forward too.

As of now no poly mags.

I would advise you too head over to 6.8 forums for any info.

Hope this helps, good luck, and safe shooting!
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to be a PRI guy until my last 3 mags wouldn't feed the rounds.
Would load about 7 and then become very difficult to load, when fully loaded they wouldn't advance the rounds on the mag.
Returned the defective new ones and sold the working old ones.
Now I only use Barrett mags, never had a problem with them.

The only plastic 6.8 mag I'm aware of is made by magpul for a special LWRC 6.8 rifle.
To date I believe it's not available for public sales.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Barrett. 30 rounds of flawless performance.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I own PRI and Barrett. Although the PRI's have never malfunctioned, due to waffle patter the follower feels like it is dragging over 80 grit sandpaper. I prefer staying with 30 rounds of ammo and I don't need the extra length because I don't reload so I am going with all Barrett from now on. All my load out gear is open top so the slightly longer mag is no problem.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm quite new to 6.8- a few weeks ago I got 3 of  the 'AR-Stoner' mags from Midway USA Link here 2- 5 rounders & one 25 round.

I have only used them a couple of times, but fine so far, also have a few good reviews on Midway's site. I got my 6.8 as a hunting rig so won't be doing a real high volume of fire, mag dumps, drills, etc and I don't reload, so my needs aren't too demanding.

ETA- I see the 5 round are out of stock but 25rnd are still available.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I use PRI's for reloads and hunting and I have Baretts loaded up for the factory ammo
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I am running C-Products mags on mine but can't review them as I just built the upper.  The 10 rounder I have has functioned flawlessly so far, though.  All other caliber C-Products mags I have work as well, 100%.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#8]
C-Products mags (10/15 rounders) have all worked fine for me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Old C-products work great, the new ones are trash.  Barret, Pri, or Stoner and you'll be fine.  I've been meaning to order some ASC mags but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#11]
PRI is supposed to be one of the best 6.8 mags.  It's highly recommended by Noveske.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
PRI is supposed to be one of the best 6.8 mags.  It's highly recommended by Noveske.

Do you use PRI mags?

Their new ones are crap, their old ones were good.

I returned/sold them all and bought Barrett mags.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#13]
i have ASC, C-Products, Barrett and PRI mags, they all work fine.  As with any mag, they may require some fine tuning of the feedlips
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 5:47:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you use PRI mags?

I use them, most of mine are the new ones. They might need the lips or spring tweaked a little but far from crap. I agree that should not have to be done to a $40 mag though. I could send them back and let them do the work but it would take me longer to ship than I could acutally do it my self.

The old C-Products, ASC and AR Stoner mags are decent, some are hit and miss. I have a few of the C-Products that run fine just can't go as long as I want when reloading. We are all waiting for the new CPD mags to be tested.....
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 5:51:34 AM EDT
[#15]
ive had good luck w/ my ASC 10 rounders im required to use in my pussy state.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 6:05:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I have the older waffle and non waffle PRI mags for my handloads which are very hot and I have zero issuses with them. I have barrets for my factory loads and zero problems with them.

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Barrett probably makes the best feeding mags out of the box for factory length ammo.
CP were hit or miss for a few years, who knows what the new ones will be like.
PRI Gen 1s (non-waffle) were very good, the new ones do not have the correct angle on the feed lips, they should have left them like the Gen 1.
When the PRI are right they allow loading to 2.3" which helps reduce pressure and increases accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you use PRI mags?

I use them, most of mine are the new ones. They might need the lips or spring tweaked a little but far from crap. I agree that should not have to be done to a $40 mag though. I could send them back and let them do the work but it would take me longer to ship than I could acutally do it my self.

The old C-Products, ASC and AR Stoner mags are decent, some are hit and miss. I have a few of the C-Products that run fine just can't go as long as I want when reloading. We are all waiting for the new CPD mags to be tested.....

I'm not going to argue with you. The new in 2010 PRI mags are crap. Call PRI and ask how many came back.
I will look to see if I have the pictures still of the mags with the rounds jammed inside it not letting them come up.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#19]
All my 6.8 mags are PRI first gen... I had a few that went back to get the lips tweaked...

I don't have any experience with the current 'waffle' mags...
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Old C-products work great, the new ones are trash.  Barret, Pri, or Stoner and you'll be fine.  I've been meaning to order some ASC mags but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Make sure that you don't let a new guy get confused. Easy to do with the names.

C Products is not C-Products Defense. The later is the new company, that is coming out with a magazine that will allow a long load length, and be priced around what a normal 5.56 mag is.

Personally, I have no use for Barrett mags. I have had two, and they were flawless, but I don't buy loaded ammo anymore, and I load to 2.295 inches. For that reason, I run PRI mags only. Every single one was flawless until the last one I bought. The finish was different, not glossy sort of blue gray as the others, but a more dark grey to flat black color that was rougher in texture. I did tweak the spring and fixed the issue. It is fine now.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Own PRI and the ASC as well as the old C-Products.  No issues where I had to bend or tweak anything, but I haven't dropped them either.  I think I've had one jam with an ASC 10 rounder but my shooting is much more steady and slow off a bench for accuracy.  As another user mentioned, no mag dumps or rapid fire.  The 10 rounders are my favorite and work best for my method of ladder load testing.

All of them can be loaded out to 2.295 with a clear dim of 2.30+.

From what I am reading here and what I see with my friends shooting, most mag issues are from type of use as much as manufacturer.  I admit to being a low equipment stress shooter!

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top