Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 4:01:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 5:09:35 PM EDT by Exude]
Anybody know if the 6.8 SPC Mags have came down in price yet? If so what are they selling for?

Also who is producing them now? Is it only PRI yet?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:06:21 PM EDT
I have seen PRI and DPMS mags for about low to high $40 range.

I also have seen ProMag 10 and 15 rounds priced at around $18.50 but it may not be available yet, maybe coming soon.

PRI are available at ADCO and Midway sells PRI, DPMS and ProMag, but I'm sure there are a lot more dealers that sells them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:39:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Alpha-Romeo3:
I have seen PRI and DPMS mags for about low to high $40 range.

I also have seen ProMag 10 and 15 rounds priced at around $18.50 but it may not be available yet, maybe coming soon.

PRI are available at ADCO and Midway sells PRI, DPMS and ProMag, but I'm sure there are a lot more dealers that sells them.

The PRI are tested and work. I won't waste my monies on DPMS or ProMag.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:49:28 AM EDT
I just wish there were more quality manufacturers of the Mags than PRI. The mags are really pricey!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:03:10 AM EDT
6.8 SPC mags advertised as DPMS at MidwayUSA are PRI mags. I have no idea why they list them as DPMS, but I assure you, I'm holding 4 of them right now, just came out of the shipping box yesterday, and they have the PRI sticker on the bag and the PRI stamp on the floor plate. Even has the blue modified MagPul 6.8 follower.

Tom
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:04:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Banzai:
6.8 SPC mags advertised as DPMS at MidwayUSA are PRI mags. I have no idea why they list them as DPMS, but I assure you, I'm holding 4 of them right now, just came out of the shipping box yesterday, and they have the PRI sticker on the bag and the PRI stamp on the floor plate. Even has the blue modified MagPul 6.8 follower.

Tom

If they are PRI, that's a good thing. Then they should be advertised as PRI sold by DPMS.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:06:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 4:07:05 PM EDT by Big-Bore]
He is 100% correct. The DPMS 6.8 mags are made by PRI. The ones I got from Midway came in DPMS bags but the mags are marked PRI but have the red followers. If those are no good because they came in DPMS bags just let me know and I will be glad to take those crummy DPMS 6.8 mags off your hands!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:32:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 4:33:02 AM EDT by Banzai]

Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
He is 100% correct. The DPMS 6.8 mags are made by PRI. The ones I got from Midway came in DPMS bags but the mags are marked PRI but have the red followers. If those are no good because they came in DPMS bags just let me know and I will be glad to take those crummy DPMS 6.8 mags off your hands!

IIRC, the red followers were the pre production ones that MagPul made. They were slightly oversized compared to the slightly later gen 1 followers, and a perfect match to the larger internal dimensions of the steel mags. The blue followers were purpose made (from the gen 1 mold) with a color difference to allow rapid identification of a 6.something mag. They both work great. I don't have any of the 6.something mags with a red follower, are they milled slightly like the blue ones?

With the current release of SHOT goodies, it looks like the days of PRI dominating the 6.something mag business are numbered. Either way, the customer wins.

Tom
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:12:06 AM EDT
I was surprised to see the red followers in the PRI mags. I was one of the many here who beta-tested the Mag-Pul followers in the pre-production red and of course was won over completely by them. Then a full year later after I had loaded up just about everything I had with the brown production followers I did the 6.8 thing, and ordered the DPMS/PRI mags from Midway. When they showed up with the red pre-production followers I sort of laughed and said to myself, I guess I know what Mag-Pul did with all those excess PP red followers now, sold them to PRI.
The changes between pre-production and production were mostly dimensional with the production being a little slimmer to fit more mags. The PP followers I had would in now way go into those British steel mags but the brown production go in just fine. Also the spring attachment to the follower was a little different and more difficult to do with the PP followers. I have not taken my PRI mags apart to know if they are indeed true PP followers or normal production followers and only made in red to help ID caliber difference, like the current crop of blue followers.
Top Top