Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 9:03:35 AM EDT
I've been digging around online trying to find someone (ANYONE) that is making a snap cap for a 6.8SPC. So my first question is, has anyone found one yet?

My second question is, would it be possible to build one from brass? My first thought was to put a bullet in an empty case, and then fill it through the primer hole with a heavy silicone sealant. Fill the primer hole with it too, and then the firing pin would have something semi-resilient to strike against. But would that be too soft? Or would epoxy work? But maybe that would be too hard?

Anyone out there try it yet, or have a solution?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've been digging around online trying to find someone (ANYONE) that is making a snap cap for a 6.8SPC. So my first question is, has anyone found one yet?
My second question is, would it be possible to build one from brass? My first thought was to put a bullet in an empty case, and then fill it through the primer hole with a heavy silicone sealant. Fill the primer hole with it too, and then the firing pin would have something semi-resilient to strike against. But would that be too soft? Or would epoxy work? But maybe that would be too hard?
Anyone out there try it yet, or have a solution?

I'm not aware of anyone currently making snap-caps (yet) for the 6.8. Your best option is to find some locally that reloads 6.8 and see if they will load some dummy rounds for you with spent primers.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
dummy rounds? Is there a FAQ on how to put these together? Just trim the brass to spec, and load in a bullet?  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top