Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/18/2005 2:19:13 AM EDT
(I've moved this from the 'AR Variants' forum)

Can anyone please tell me which which companies currently make ammunition for the 6.5mm Grendel or the 6.8mm Rem SPC?

They don't have to be selling it commercially - they could be making it for military testing - but I'm interested in complete ammo rather than components.

Thanks for your help,

Tony Williams: Military gun and ammunition website and discussion forum
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:13:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2005 5:13:36 AM EDT by WalkerTexasRanger]
6.5 Grendel factory ammunition is currently only produced by Alexander Arms. It is available to purchase from Cabellas, Midway and Competition Shooting Sports, that I know of offhand.

However, Wolf will begin producing factory Grendel ammo, brass cased and boxer primed, that will be debuted at Shot 2006.

6.8 factory ammunition is currently produced by Remington and Silver State Armory (IIRC). Someone else should comment on vendors, I have never purchased any...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:09:52 AM EDT
Many thanks!

TW
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:25:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WalkerTexasRanger:
6.5 Grendel factory ammunition is currently only produced by Alexander Arms. It is available to purchase from Cabellas, Midway and Competition Shooting Sports, that I know of offhand.

However, Wolf will begin producing factory Grendel ammo, brass cased and boxer primed, that will be debuted at Shot 2006.

6.8 factory ammunition is currently produced by Remington and Silver State Armory (IIRC). Someone else should comment on vendors, I have never purchased any...

I believe both Barret and Hornady will be releasing 6.8 SPC ammo soon.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:34:06 AM EDT
The Barrett ammo was going to be produced for them by American Ammunition. Don't know if this is still true.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:42:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 50cal:
The Barrett ammo was going to be produced for them by American Ammunition. Don't know if this is still true.

There is a sure way to insure that the cartridge will never fly.
Top Top