Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2005 6:06:50 AM EDT
Who has just a barrel and bolt for sale? or Who will turn a barrel?

thanks
Cruizer
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 6:16:38 AM EDT
From 65grendel.com:

"Barrel. Barrel extension (made by AA only so that might be hard to come by). Bolt (the bolt is not just a standard 7.62x39 bolt, but custom to the Grendel as it is made from Carpenter 158(?) steel to take the extra stress of the Grendel cartridge). You will have to open up the ejection port on you upper to get the fatter case to eject properly. You will need to find the proper size gas port on the barrel to assure proper functioning."
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:00:31 AM EDT
The barrels used by AA in their uppers are from Lothar Walthar (very high quality).

There are a few others making barrels for bolt actions and other rifles - get the chamber specs from the www.65grendel.com web site.

Some are using the 7.62 bolts.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:37:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cruizer:
Who has just a barrel and bolt for sale? or Who will turn a barrel?

thanks
Cruizer

I inquired about this and was told just a barrel and bolt is not presently available. The only option at the time was a complete upper.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:20:15 AM EDT
For an AR platform, AA makes a different feed ramp as well as the bolt and barrel - so they just sell the whole upper. (plus gas port tuned for the round)

There are people buying barrels and actions for 6.5 Grendel pistols and bolt actions - look under the pistol and bolt action threads in www.65grendel.com and I'm sure they will give you their contacts if you ask.

One has recently finished a pistol with 15" barrel - I am eagerly awaiting his velocity results.
Top Top