Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/4/2009 9:15:42 AM EDT
I want a 6940 BAAAD.  Only problem is that I shoot irons only and I don't want the flip up FSB.  Bascially, I want a 6940 with Colt supplied F-marked FSB and a Colt supplied removable carry handle taken right off a 6920.

I also don't want bubba-joe to do this either.  I know that it is probably not hard and I could even do it myself maybe, but the assembly quality is most of what makes Colt a Colt IMO.

I went to specialized armament's web site just to see if they happen to be offering this service already...no dice.  I've also heard that Colt my be releasing such a configuration soon, but it's all rumors, and I can't find any other source of info for this on the net anywhere other then rumors in a few arfcom threads.  

I wish there was a one stop shop where I could order the 6940, pay the extra for the additional Colt parts and additional assembly work, and have them ship everything to my FFL.

Who would you guys recommend that I contact about this?  I was going to call specialized armament but I read yesterday that they are tough to get ahold of on the phone.

eta:  I am debating just taking one of my 6920's or 6520's and putting a KAC RAS on it.  Only problem is that I have this OCD thing about leaving my Colts in factory config.  I have one noveske with a DD Omega but I need another rifle with a rail.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Call ADCO they may be able to help
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#2]
ask ADCO if they can replace the FSB without removing the barrel....but I doubt it
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#3]
A fixed FSB version is coming, be patient.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damnit, you guys have no idea how hard the waiting is for me.    

It would help a lot if someone could get Colt to confirm they are really going to do this in the near future.

I guess I better save my cash because if Colt does do this I know for a fact that I will find a way to purchase the first one available, come hell or high water.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Call Colt, maybe they can do it special for you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:54:05 AM EDT
[#7]
If you want your Colt factory, why would you switch out the FSB? might as well get a 6920 and throw on a quality FF rail. The FSB does not require barrel removal to remove. ADCO could do it with a 10 day turnaround or less.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:59:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top