Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2005 9:46:09 AM EDT
I had a chance to look at a brand new 6520 last weekend. I noticed that it came with nice looking original spec carrier  (Diemarco). The bolt  was marked only with a "C", not CMP. Has anyone else noticed this. Does this mean that  Colt is using bolts that are not MP tested?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have any comments
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
tagged, sounds like the dealer might have been up to something.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I read recently that the Colt LE series carbines were being shipped with both the MPC and C marked Bolts, and C marked or Diemaco carriers.

They are one in the same- quality, testing, and performance-wise.........good to go.

How much was it?

and eta BTW: what is original spec carrier? Do you mean the M16, or full, and shrouded version?

somewhere around here there is a p hoto of the 3 AR15 carriers available. I will see if I can find it....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:48:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The carrier was full circle, full length, enclosed around the firing pin.  It came from a very popular dealer from the EE.

I read recently that the Colt LE series carbines were being shipped with both the MPC and C marked Bolts, and C marked or Diemaco carriers.

They are one in the same- quality, testing, and performance-wise.........good to go.

How much was it?

Does this mean they are MP tested, but not marked as such?
I don't know the price, but will find out.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Bought a NIB 6520 a couple months ago; it had the "C" marked 16 carrier and the bolt marked with "C", no "MP".  I'd like to hear why the bolt marks changed too...  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#6]
That's the new marking for a Colt made in Turkey.  The Turkish don't have "M"s or "P"s in their alphabet so they left the letters off on the first runs.

It's probably a collector's item.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bought a NIB 6520 a couple months ago; it had the "C" marked 16 carrier and the bolt marked with "C", no "MP".  I'd like to hear why the bolt marks changed too...  

On your rifle, are the extended feed ramps cut before or after the finish was applied?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On your rifle, are the extended feed ramps cut before or after the finish was applied?

After.

Upper matches the lower nicely and fit is perfect.  Upper has the keyhole on it--Cerro Forge I assume.  The M4 feedramps were definitely dremelled in after the fact; they look better than I could ever do myself though so it doesn't really bother me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone posted in another thread that they probably didn't use a dremel. They may have made the cuts using the same process as the others, just after the finish was applied.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Someone posted in another thread that they probably didn't use a dremel. They may have made the cuts using the same process as the others, just after the finish was applied.

I'd buy that.  My cuts are as identical and clean as my 29-year-old eyes can discern.  It was probably impossible to make them this well without some kind of rig since the upper wasn't originally cut.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Correct.  The ffedramps on my 6520 upper look exactly like those on my 6920 upper with the exception of the anodizing.  Colt doesn't "dremel" their feedramps.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I had a chance to look at a brand new 6520 last weekend. I noticed that it came with nice looking original spec carrier  (Diemarco). The bolt  was marked only with a "C", not CMP. Has anyone else noticed this. Does this mean that  Colt is using bolts that are not MP tested?

This issue was brought up a while back. If I recall correctly, if it is only marked with a "C" then it was destined for the civilian sector, while "C MP" was for military/LE. It doesn't really matter though, because all Colt bolts are properly tested, regardless of the markings.

Maybe someone can dig up the thread in the archives.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top