Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2003 4:46:35 PM EDT
can anyone tell me how well the 60grn SSS loads group through a 1:16 twist bbl?

TIA
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
through typical rimfires - Kimber 82, Winchester 52b, H&R model 12 (?-I just shoot the thing) for example, SSS is on the wrong side of that ragged edge.

With a Ceiner conversion on an AR 1/8 barrel I was getting at 100 yards groups a bit over 1" wide and about 5" tall.  This stuff has potential, enough to build an upper just to shoot it.

I have a 1/12 .224 barrel blank I was going to turn into a 20" RF upper to work on this ammo.  Seems to be the right twist, but I have not checked it out or asked around.  It looked *great* till I made a pretty gross machining error, and it will go into the barrel pile for that gatling gun I will start someday. Way too little time and have other projects.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#2]
keyholes at 50yds out of a 1/16. aguila says a 1/9.5 is propper. my next ar project is a dedicated .22lr upper just for shooting that round.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top