Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/4/2012 4:10:41 PM EDT
Was given a 16" heavy barrel, and had most of the other parts, so,,,,,,,,,,"PSEUDO 605"  My poor mans version, maybe someday i,ll find somebody to properly profile the barrel for me?  And, a 1945 MK2 USN Machete i picked up recently from a very good friend, it goes nice with my "SEABEE" collection.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm digging the shiny furniture.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
i like it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it too..Shoot Heatnbeat an email and ask if he'll reprofile for you.He may be taking on some work again now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good!

I love my pseudo 605 as it just feels great in my hands. Mine's built on a heavy carbine barrel with a low-pro gasblock and pinned FSB and I don't think I am going to bother to reprofile it at all.

Here's mine and yes, it's built on a C7 upper too
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was given a 16" heavy barrel, and had most of the other parts, so,,,,,,,,,,"PSEUDO 605"  My poor mans version, maybe someday i,ll find somebody to properly profile the barrel for me?  And, a 1946 MK2 USN Machete i picked up recently from a very good friend, it goes nice with my "SEABEE" collection.http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/gordog_2006/Macheteand605.jpg

Do want.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Appreciate the comps guys. Yep, i,ll give Jerrell a shout about the barrel re-profile. Come to think of it;  i,ve got a couple of barrel jobs i need help with.    Banshee, yours is looking AWESOME!
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, I now have an SP1 upper in black laying around so I am thinking of switching it out.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
My opinion, leave it , it looks great.  I think I'm going to do a carbine length system,
And will probably not pin and weld the flash hider.
I might like to use a suppressor,,,,,, some day
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine the flashider is not pinned but the FSB is so that I can sling off it if I want to. It was done by somebody on here and he had to weld a slight bead on it to get the .750 FSB to fit tight on an HBAR carbine barrel.

I had a clamp on FSB but was just never real happy with it as it just seemed wrong.

The one thing I like about the 605 is if you don't want to SBR or live in a state that doesn't allow them, they do a good job of looking like an SBR and don't look really dumb with a can on the end of a 16" barrel.

Here's another photo to tempt you some more.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Lovin' the 605's.  Nice build OP, especially since it has the glossy furniture, and correct lower.

I've had my 605 barrel with a smith now for over 14 months!  I'm over the pond so much, I hit and miss with him, but I'm not in a rush.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 2:45:23 AM EDT
[#11]
OP, that's a beauty....especially like the shine on that furniture
Keep it how it is!
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:12:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks very nice... Nice photography, too!

John Thomas
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#13]
It looks excellent! The shiny furniture is very nice!
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#14]
always loved these" kinda' sorta based on" builds...especially the 605 based ones

I'm sure it will quickly become one of you favorite carry around rifles as I have a couple of them using cut down A2 barrels (a Colt 1/7 & a Bushy 1/9) and they are a couple of my favorite range/wood/general plinking mutts
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a few projects stacked up. 605 is going to be 2nd in line. Still kibbutzing about how to go. To chop a retro barrel, or a repro barrel. Anyhow, I digress from my intent of saying that I like these kinda-sorta builds too. All of them look good. And the dissy approach -  best of both worlds.

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Appreciate all of the input fellows. I cant wait to take her out and she how she runs.  Still a little confused though,,,,,,, should i be running a rifle buffer and spring, or a carbine buffer and spring with maybe a spacer in the buttstock to simulate the same tube length as a carbine?
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#17]
It should have a rifle buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It should have a rifle buffer and spring.

yeah, no matter what gas system the upper runs you go by what the lower is set up as...rifle extension = rifle spring/buffer...carbine extension = carbine spring/buffer.

there are some ban era carbine fixed stocks that are exceptions to the rule in that they use rifle parts, but you don't have to worry about those
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#19]
OP Nice build!
I would take it out and shoot it before you make any decisions first.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top