Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 4:34:02 PM EDT
I plan to do bench shooting and prone position shooting - what size mag should I use? I've heard that the 30rd mag sticks into the ground... so that leaves the BATF approved 10rd and 5rd mags, or the 20rd.

I want something that is built in accordance with mil-spec and can be taken apart to be cleaned, etc... but also fitting my need to shoot on a bench or in the prone position.

Where are some places that I should go to buy quality versions of the recommended mag? I'm an AR15 newbie so please bear with me?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The 20s are great for the bench and prone. 30rd mags are fine for everything else. USGI mags are good, especially if they still have the alloy follower.
Check the EE (Equiptment Exchange) here or you might try CMMG (also on the EE)
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The 20s are great for the bench and prone. 30rd mags are fine for everything else. USGI mags are good, especially if they still have the alloy follower.
Check the EE (Equiptment Exchange) here or you might try CMMG (also on the EE)

+1 20's work great, at leat the old style ones.  I don't know about the new cut down 30rounders.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered some 20's from CMMG for $18, they got shipped out today.

-Tyler
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:16:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the 20rd straight mil-spec mags... are those the ones you ordered?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top