Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 11:46:13 PM EDT
I've always been shooting wal-mart winchester .223 ammo so far....
I'm ready to try some M193 or M855....where can i find some online?
I want the stuff our guys in the military are using, but if you know of a cheaper distributer, let me know too.
thanks
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm...it's really hard to say who's got the best deals on ammo. For the most part, they all seem to be pretty close in prices. One thing to watch out for, though, is some less reputable dealers will advertise an extremely low price but will hammer you on the friggin' shipping charges. This is why I knida like buying from Ammoman, the price you see is the price you pay...period (regardless of where you are, except AK and HI). Some other places that seem to be pretty straight are Centerfire Systems and Natchez Shooters Supply.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I want the stuff our guys in the military are using, but if you know of a cheaper distributer, let me know too.
thanks
View Quote

M193 is basically your walmart stuff.
GG
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Quoted:
thanks
View Quote

GG
View Quote

huh?

walmart seems to have winchester .223 in the 40 packs but i don't recall noticing any Q3131A.

Lockedon- look for smaller white winchester boxes of 20. check the label carefully. there will be something about Olin or IMI - made in israel, and it will be labeled in fairly small lettering 5.56mm and Q3131A. this stuff is real m193, and you can find it in many places, like bass pro shops. my local range sells it, for a decent price. other white box winchester is not this stuff, so just buy carefully and you should be all set.

ammoman.com
kieslersonine.com

both sell lake city m193 and i know at least ammoman sells q3131A.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
CMMG has Lake City XM193 for $99.95 per 500rd which INCLUDES shipping.

http://www.cmmginc.com/inventory_a/specials_tbl.html
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
WWW.miragetechnologies.net has 1,000 rd. Lake city M193 for 180.00 delivered..I ordedred an eothech holosight from them, and that was the price the rep. quoted.

bamaman
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Watch for sales at [url]www.midwayusa.com[/url] on Q3131a... shipping is never out of line.  Last sale it was running $165 case/1000.

Also, [url]www.sportsmansguide.com[/url] has Lake City XM193... with an SG coupon you can usually pick up a case/1000 for around $180 shipped.

That Winchester white box ammo WallyWorld sells is most definately not an XM193 equivalent... when you touch off some real XM193 you'll understand... [;)]

edited for link
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]
....bang

....BANG!!!

[shock]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The smell of the Lake City XM193  reminds me of quals on the range at Fort Benning - big time flashbacks. The walmart .223 stuff just doesn't smell or sound the same, not as much bang. I know it sounds weird, but I swear it's true!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
GG
View Quote

The Walmart stuff is a full 250fps slower than Q3131a (I have a chrono). Like it's been said, touch one off, then the other (specially from a 16" carbine), and the difference is VERY obvious.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
If you want to try out SS109 (just for the heck of it, those green tipped bullets look cool), you have several options. You can try real M855, made by IMI (Lake City stuff is really hard to find these days). IMI is distributed mainly by botch [url]www.botach.com[/url]. Or you could try the SS109 versions made by S&B, Igman (Bosnian hotshot), or Olympic. Some people will tell you horror stories about the S&B and Olympic, but my own personal experience with those has been quite positive.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top