Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 11:38:06 AM EST
Is there a different upper for the .223 or the 5.56 or does that just depend on what barrel is used? Also, what is an average parts kit cost to assemble a stripped upper? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:55:43 AM EST
Just depends on the chamber/barrel.

I haven't really heard of an "upper parts kit". I think you'll have to buy the parts individually if you already have a stripped upper.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:40:51 AM EST
I suppose prices can vary depending on what individual parts are ordered. About what could I expect to pay for the parts to assemble an upper? I am looking for good reliable parts, not the best or worst. I am mainly doing this for the experience I'll gain, but will I be saving much money?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:49:25 AM EST
Well,

Not including the B/BC and the barrel assembly, you are looking at:

ejection port parts $6
forward assist parts $12-$13
charging handle parts $13.50-$15

places to check out
www.rbprecision.com
www.georgiaprecision.com
www.adcofirearms.com
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:07:08 AM EST
Here's what you'll need and the prices:

barrel assembly (with front sight base, handguard cap and barrel nut) $200*
gas tube and pin $9
delta ring kit $10
ejection port cover assembly $6.50
forward assist kit $11.75
bolt carrier group $110
charging handle $17

Total: $364

*The biggest variable is the barrel. Price will depend on length, type, pre or postban, and if chrome-lined.
These prices are off of Rock River Arms' website, and you should expect to pay less, especially with the dealers over in the EE. For example, one of them has a sale on the bolt carrier group and charging handle together for $112 shipped. IMO, RRA parts are a good balance between cost and quality.
Top Top