Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2013 11:56:56 PM EDT

I want to build a pistol AR and have the funds to do it but want to make it what I want.

So I want it to be a piston driven pistol with an Adam Arms Kit, is this ok kit ???

Im planning on getting a CMT upper and lower or Voltor

Sig Shooting Brace

Now for barrel I think this is what I want . Gonna be a short range 100 yards and in weapon with Eotech

4150 7.5 or 10 inch barrel 1-7 twist any recommendations ???? I want it short and I want to suppress later on so thinking 7.5 ????
Now crome lined or nitride barrel ?????

Whos a good manufacturer of the barrel I want or you recommend ?

I figure this build is about 1200 with parts except eotech

Finally should I just forgo all this and buy a LWRC or SIG pistol already good to go.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you like alot of muzzle flash dot go with a short 556 barrel.
If you like short barrels build a 6.8spc or 300blk. They were designed for short barrels.

556 needs the barrel lengrh to burn all the powder. All you end up with is a really loud inaccurate gun that produces alot of flash.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:16:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you like alot of muzzle flash dot go with a short 556 barrel.
If you like short barrels build a 6.8spc or 300blk. They were designed for short barrels.

556 needs the barrel lengrh to burn all the powder. All you end up with is a really loud inaccurate gun that produces alot of flash.
View Quote

Inaccurate?

Only issue in your case with going 7.5" would be finding a suppressor that's warrantied on a barrel that short.  Most only go down tp 10.5"
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Inaccurate... no.   I have a 12" barreled pistol with a Sig brace that   I would hold around MOA when i mount a magnified optic on it. As it is I can hold around 3- 4MOA  with open sights or the PRO. I like the 11" - 12" barrels for 5.56, this barrel length retains the most ballistic ammo capability while providing a compact maneuverable package. Only bad thing is that it gets out to around 16" with a can mounted.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if you want the larger 512 version or a different Eotech... but that looks like a half decent deal.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top