Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 6:46:27 PM EDT
I would like to know if 5.56 is only Military or canI buy it . I would like to get military ammo instead of 223. If so can someone tell me where I can get some? thanks Jimmi OZ
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You want milspec 5,56mm ammo?

I suggest
Winchester Q3131A
IMI M855
Federal(lake city) M193
IMI M193

those are my top 4.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
ammoman.com
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ammoman.com
View Quote

Eric's prices simply are not that good.  While his service is good (except for the Indian 7.62 NATO garbage), you can do so much better from other places.

www.sportsmansguide.com is the best place to buy XM193.  For plinking, you can use their Sapsan .223.

www.aimsurplus.com has good prices on Silver Bear (Barnaul).  I have had outstanding results with Barnaul and the Silver bear doesn't have the mil. spec. coating to deal with.

Even with shipping added, Eric is way off the mark with these two.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#5]
No BUSINESS BASHING!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:10:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No BUSINESS BASHING!
View Quote

I can't talk about ammo prices on the ammo forum?  Why not?  This is the best source I know to find surplus and new ammo prices and sources.  

I said Eric has good service.  I just thought I could help this guy find better prices.  If he can get the same product at a better price, why can't I share that?   If anyone else knows of a better souce, please share it with me.  Ammo is expensive enough without paying a premium over the going price.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:51:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to all you guys.The Ammo-oracle.com was pretty cool too. It answered lots of questions.
What is the favorite ammo by u guys? For self defence?
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No BUSINESS BASHING!
View Quote

I don't consider what he said business bashing.  He was just commenting on pricing.  I see this ALL the time.  I completely understand your defensiveness on this though.  

Eric the ammoman is a great contributor to ar15.com.  Buying products from him is helping to support ar15.com.  So just know that you are getting something in return for the few dollars extra.. the continual existance of this wonderful website.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ammoman.com
View Quote

Eric's prices simply are not that good.  
View Quote

[b]Yeah , flat rate shipping anywhere CONUS ,
and  almost INSTANT shipping upon order receipt, and having EVERYTHING in STOCK that
is advertised is really shitty business practice. [rolleyes][/b]

You're an  I***T  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ammoman.com
View Quote

Eric's prices simply are not that good.  While his service is good (except for the Indian 7.62 NATO garbage), you can do so much better from other places.

www.sportsmansguide.com is the best place to buy XM193.  For plinking, you can use their Sapsan .223.

www.aimsurplus.com has good prices on Silver Bear (Barnaul).  I have had outstanding results with Barnaul and the Silver bear doesn't have the mil. spec. coating to deal with.

View Quote

We love freedom of speech.
We hear good and bad comments every day.I have been selling ammo for 20 years and am an expert at it.Never tried to be the cheapest, just the best.100 examples of the old "your too high" speech.
We sold 3 shipping containers of SA 223 hearing the old "your too high" speech.
We sold 3 shipping containers of Port 308 hearing the old "your too high" speech.
We sold 3 shipping containers of Danish 30.06 so far and get the old "your too high" speech.
We sold 5 million rounds of the Lake City 223 so far hearing the old "your too high" speech.
God bless you guys.Get the ammo as cheap as you can, if your happy with the service and guarantee, but we don't just cater to the best price seekers.
In the meantime we and all other dealers sell out and can't get more.
The SA223 is always my best example.I sure am glad i didn't sell it any cheaper.We still can't get more and i think i was the last man standing or close to it.
We are a business and we work for profit.
Tons of "ag" with this business but the profit makes it worth it.
Not going to give you 50 examples of the aggravation, but current business owners already know and future business owners will find out.
We love what we do and don't try to make every sale.We don't have the time and there is not enough ammo to try to make every sale.
We do, however, appreciate each and every sale.
Please get it from whomever you like with my blessing, (like you need it)[:)] and feel free to comment all you like about the "your too high" thingie.
We, in the meantime, will be here selling ammo if you need us.
Don't forget, 6 month guarantee with no questions asked, and free shipping.
Thanks
Eric the ammoman
View Quote

Eric,
You have every right to get the most for everything you sell.  You aren't doing this for a hobby and we all understand.  You want to earn the most and we want to pay the least while still getting the service we expect.  

I wish you well.

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ammoman.com
View Quote

Eric's prices simply are not that good.  
View Quote

[b]Yeah , flat rate shipping anywhere CONUS ,
and  almost INSTANT shipping upon order receipt, and having EVERYTHING in STOCK that
is advertised is really shitty business practice. [rolleyes][/b]

You're an  I***T  [:D]
View Quote

I never said anything except Eric's prices aren't the best in the business.  If you want the best prices, shop around and you will do better.  

and yes...  I have used Eric in the past and may well use him again.

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a faithful ammoman customer because I have never, ever had a problem with the quality or timely delivery of the products they sell. On the other hand I have had plenty of problems with other vendors.

While I can only speak for myself I will gladly pay a few dollars more per case to know I am going to get fresh, properly stored ammo delivered when promised with no substitutions, excuses, or BS.

My only gripe with ammoman is that they don't sell Aimpoints, Surefire forends, and AR uppers [:D][:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#14]
[red][b]Eric may not be the cheapest all the time (but most of the time when I am shopping around he seems to be)

But I rather spend a few more bucks to KNOW I am being taken care of.

Buying over the internet is hell, but not with Eric. That to me is something that you cant put a price on.[/b][/red]
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#15]
For once I agree with M4_Aiming_at_your_PeePee!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#16]
There are sevearl good places to buy bulk ammo over the net.  Eric is by no means the only one.  I buy huge amounts for our club each year and I buy from several places.  It's good to come to places like this site and find out how others did before putting in an order.  Knowledge is power.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#17]
ammoman has some of the best prices on the net, more important is the service you get and his support of this site
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top