Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/20/2003 8:55:36 PM EDT
Many of yaull saw the dissapointing post from my last trip to the range.

The second trip was everything I hoped it would be. The Cav Arms suppressor was "opened up a bit" by my gunsmith (to address the keyholing issue I was having) just prior to the trip at the suggestion of Bill Alexander of Alexander Arms who took a personal interest in the issue I was having.
He offered to replace the barrel, for a very minor fee...even though I bought the upper used!

The fit and finish of the upper were second to none, and just oozed quality. I am very satisfied with the acquisition.

Ammo was procured from Sportsmansguide.com for about the price of the boxes .223 ammo is shipped in. (precisely why I bought it) Barnaul brand, all looks shiny new! (8 cents apiece)

The Colt and FN clip fed perfectly, but had some trouble with the Adventure (green follower). The Genghis seems to like the black followers better...wierd, huh?

Grouped 1 inch with irons from the top of my ammo box at 25 yards, not bad.
Rapid fire, all 18 shots (as fast as I could re-center the front sight post) under 5 inches at 15 yards. (small clusters of 4 or so holes randomly within the 5 inch ring)

I get the feeling the large aperture of the DPMS flip up rear sight is a liability for anything but up close. (I think its even bigger than the night aperture on the A2)

May swap it out with a removable handle.
Next up...Eotech for the top!

No muzzle blast to speak of, and a little quiter than the 5.56. Kicks about 80% as hard as similar loads in 5.56 also.
Every 5 shots or so I get a cool smoke ring out to about 10 yds. Interesting effect.

I cant wait to get my AOW lower transfer paperwork in. Then this baby will lose some weight, an in the nose!

I expect the blast/flash to increase, and the recoil to decrease when I cut it to 8".

Hope this helps...
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:40:43 AM EDT
Every time I think of selling mine, I look at it and think... hmmmmmm, no way!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:01:55 AM EDT
I agree...this one is definitely a keeper. I may buy a spare bolt just in case (cuz its slightly different than standard), but other than that I see no downside to the upper. Cheap, effective and sexy. Now all I have to do is find a woman with the same attributes. [NI]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:44:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2003 11:45:15 AM EDT by brouhaha]
Good report, but...I just gotta ask... [i]yaull[/i] ??
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:49:56 PM EDT
Checking out there website and I only see one style of 5.45x39 upper...Do they make a standard A2 upper with standard Front sight base?.....Also Dont see any pricing...Ballpark?....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:59:55 PM EDT
Hmm...for typing "y'all" seems to work better than "yaull". Now I get to be the forum ass. It's magazine, not clip!!!111oneoneone
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:03:07 PM EDT
1) "Yaull"...Pronounced "yawl", means a collective you and yours, male and female. No better word that can address a statement to anyone reading it. Being from the highly enlightened "New South" where you can own anything, even real grenades for a M-203, I know these things. 2) I agree, it is a "removable high capacity magazine, outside the pistol grip." Maybe I subcounciously use the term "clip" in passive-aggressive rebellion of the AWB. 3) All Alexander arms makes is flat tops with M4 handgaurds and barrel. They have options that include removable front sight and carrying handle, but of course you prob want something else on there anyways so you may as well buy it naked. You can get them on auctionarms.com, I have seen them new for about $549. I bought mine right here on the equipment exchange for cheaper (used). Its great, but you dont see many used...so go ahead and buy a new one. [NI]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:18:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By stuporman: 1) "Yaull"...Pronounced "yawl", means a collective you and yours, male and female..
View Quote
I know what it means. I say it too. However, it's spelled like AgentFork says. I've just never seen anybody spell it like you did, so I just had to comment [:)]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:10:46 PM EDT
So your saying this upper has the exact same accuracy as a bone stock SAR2...4MOA. However its less reliable. How much did this thing cost? You + all = contraction y'all
Top Top