Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2003 4:35:44 AM EDT
What do you all think is the best (average) weight shooter in a Bushmaster-chrome bore with 1/9 twist I plan to due some range testing but I,d like to get some opinions THX guys
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What do you all think is the best (average) weight shooter in a Bushmaster-chrome bore with 1/9 twist I plan to due some range testing but I,d like to get some opinions THX guys
View Quote

As with all guns, you have to find what your gun likes.  

So in a non committal answer, try both.  My 20" 1/9 likes 52's and 55's, while my 16" 1/9 likes 62's.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#2]
i second klutz

i almost always shoot Federal XM193
Ive tried others but my bushmaster 16" 1:9 seems too shoot the best with that.
experiment and see what works best
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Bushy shorty and 20hbar 1/9.
Ive shot all kinds of m193 and 55fmj's,ss109/m855!

For some reason my Bushmasters love SANTA BARBRA'S SS109 out of all the Military Type Ammo! And my HBAR likes FEDERAL 69bthp havent tried it on the shorty yet.

My shorty also likes PMP 55fmj out of all 55fmj types!

Now I havent tried any 62gr. FMJ yet
Just the SS109 bullet
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thx guysFederal and some handloads all at 62grs ,hope to shoot 5shot groups with each of these off rest to test. Have some 55grs to reload as well when I go to that I was going to try samples of various stuff again. Shot some 50gr reloads at 250 and 300 yds seemed to do ok but I believe 55-62 will be more economical.(more of it out there) Also shot some Wolf got nervous over sealer issue. If I can find a good reload mix I,ll shoot it and stock pile some bulk manufacture, got a couple 3-4 thousand rds of 223 brass but don,t have time to bulk up that way.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top