Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 3:54:26 PM EDT
I bought the 551 because I wanted the smallest and it would fit closer to the delta ring on my LMT 14.5!
Everythings is okay!

EXCEPT I cant find battery for it? Went all over town looking for N type!

I should of bought the longer AA model! TONS AROUND

Just wanted to bitch!

Is there a good place to order online?

thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I find N batteries at Walmart, Meijers, Target, drugstores, Batteries Plus, Lowes, even found at Sears Hardware.  Buy a couple extra sets and you will be fine.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Walmart,Walgreens,CVS,! Ive seen so many 12V looks like the same size! but no N type 1.5v

I will try Radio shak

10 4 on that buy a case
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I also got a new 551 a few weeks ago and I like it better than my Aimpoint M2.

You could also try Circuit City, Best Buy and other electronic stores.

I just bought some Duracell spares from either Walmart or Kmart.

Last resort is Google it online, click Froogle and enter "N battery" and it will give you a lot of results and prices.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:37:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought the 551 because I wanted the smallest and it would fit closer to the delta ring on my LMT 14.5!
Everythings is okay!

EXCEPT I cant find battery for it? Went all over town looking for N type!

I should of bought the longer AA model! TONS AROUND

Just wanted to bitch!

Is there a good place to order online?

thanks

I also have the 551 and I love it, especially after I went to the range with it and ripped several bullseyes out after a few small adjustmestments to make it co-witness with one of my Bushmaster. I initially bought the 551 because it was the same price as the 512. I found the N-type batteries at Walgreens, CVS and a few other areas. Sorry to hear that your having a problem getting those.

I will be receiving my brand new 552 for my other Bushmaster in a couple of days, but I bought it more because of the price than the batteries. With around 200 hrs with the 551 and up to 1100 hrs with the 552 I can understand your wanting to bitch a little. Hey, I bet your willing to buy out all of the stock of N-type batteries that you can. I have not searched online for those, but the reply to google it is a good start. I wish you all the luck in getting your N-type's ASAP.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:19:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Why did you guys buy 551?

I bought mine for size only! Price wasnt a factor! I had 2000  to blow!

I set target at 25 yards to get on paper fired 2rds out of my LMT 14.5  and both hit the ten ring then moved to 50yards!

Man eotech must zero on a flat top after leaving factory?

I also have a Bushymaster shorty A1w/ML2 also has a 15HBAR KKF job

I like the ml2  because its mounted over the hand guards and you get a better view!

I wish eotech would make something for my LMT Flat top!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]

My 551 without mount on my LMT Defender 2000 16" carbine.

The reason I bought mine was because of it's small size, I plan to get a NV later on.

I also had a budget of $2K for my LMT M4gery project which is my backup carbine.

My main carbine is a Colt 6721 A3 tactical carbine with Denny's Guns Operator midlength, midweight profile barrel and an Aimpoint M2.

I plan to get the EOTech 553 later on if they come out with a model without the ARMS mount.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]
You shit head! now you did it!

How did you know Ive been wanting a LMT lower????

looks like a nice one!  I hate pictures of snakes&pony,lionsetc!

LMT plain and simple !!

I wish my bushmasters just said Quality parts or bushmaster only!

BTW what type of rails or hand guards ya got? looks nice?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate to ask ? whats wrong with arms?

I like the arms 39 and my BUIS40?

I got to get a  lmt  lower!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I like ARMS products except the mount on the new EOTech 553 model.

The ARMS mount makes the EOTech higher so a center cowitness is not possible.

Another thing is the mount is part of the sight assembly and cannot be replaced if anybody wanted a different mount.

I have a Knight's Armament Co. M4 RAS rails (non free float) with KAC VFG, TangoDown panels and Magpul ladder rail protectors.

My LMT lower fits nice with the upper, not loose or too tight, almost perfect.

I'm also running a LMT M16 BCG with Magpul MIAD grip and Vltor CAR Modstock.

When you're ready to get your LMT lower I would recommend Denny of Global Tactical, he's at the Industry or Equipment Exchange boards.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]
He has them in stock?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He has them in stock?

Denny usually have them in stock but there are times that they are out of it and still waiting for the next batch from the factory.

The best way is to call him to find out if he got them in stock or find out when he will have it again.

All LMT dealers are the same way. The factory makes them in batches.

I had to wait for a few weeks for mine because when I ordered it, they were still waiting for their next regular shipment.

There's probably a longer wait time to get a RRA than a LMT lower.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Definately walmart and most drug stores.  Maybe try Radio Shack or Home Depot.  Also try Ebay.  I bought 30 Energizer "N" batteries last year off ebay for less than $10 (probably more like $5-8, but I can't remember).
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#13]
+99
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#14]
+100
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top