Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/10/2003 10:58:57 AM EDT
I plan on getting a S&W 500 revolver. Just wondering if it would be possible for someone to make a 50S&W caliber upper. Not sure how good it would feed in a semi-auto. I think the case rim might be problem.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 11:34:52 AM EDT
Yes rimmed cases will create a bitch of a nightmare for the designer. Three guys I know who MIGHT tackle it: Marty ter Weeme @ [url]www.teppojutsu.com[/url] Tony Rumore @ [url]www.Tromix.com[/url] SSK Industries -- unaware of their URL... Maybe you should find someone willing to chamber a revolver in 50 Beowulf....[;)]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:00:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DNS: I plan on getting a S&W 500 revolver. Just wondering if it would be possible for someone to make a 50S&W caliber upper. Not sure how good it would feed in a semi-auto. I think the case rim might be problem.
View Quote
I think the 500 S&W case head will be too large to fit in an AR bolt head. Even the 50 Beowulf is about maxed out and it uses a bolt for a 7.62X39 AR (The case head is rebated to that of a 7.62X39) You just really can't open the bolt head up any more than that.
Top Top