Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 3:21:05 PM EDT
Has any one out there ordered one of the car stocks from Model 1 sales. Full price is $42.00. M&A has a car stock for $55.00. the only other alternative is a UTG stock but they dont look so great. I cant find any other stock in that price range and my pockets are deep enough for a surplus colt off of gunbrokers. Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If that's what they want for a  new one might I suggest checking this forum's Equipment Exchange (EE) top right button and look under used lower receiver parts.  Do you just need a 4 pos collapsible stock or are you wanting that fiberlike retro Colt look.  Should be plenty of those on the EE and used should be less,  correct.  Especially since coins are tight.  Usually lots of basically new M-4 take-offs also.  You can also make a nice reasonable offer when you find what you're looking for sometimes sellers will bite.  Probably not a whole lot of difference between UTG and the others you listed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I.m really looking for the colt retro look. The UTG that I handle today seem a bit cheap.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I just found 2 retro, 5 postion car stocks on Tonys Custom uppers, looks like one is  plastic and the other is aluminum.http://www.tonyscustomuppers.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2. Not bad deal for buffer and tube. Has anyone seen any of Tonys car stocks. How do they look before I pull the trigger on 2 of them!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Consider the DSA kit for $40.  I have one on my retro inspired middy and it's a nice quality set-up.  It doesn't say on the website but mine came with a 6 position tube.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Sarco has had them in the past

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top