Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2006 8:43:06 AM EDT
I just purchased a leitner wise upper can I use 50 beowulff ammo? I read somewhere they ar interchangible is this true?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Pretty sure that would be a great way to damage a new upper.

The only thing that I ever heard about these being interchangeable were the prospected Hi Cap mags and the supposed use of them with the 50 Beo and .458 SOCOM.  Do not think they ever had a chance of coming to fruition though.  But I am not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just purchased a leitner wise upper can I use 50 beowulff ammo? I read somewhere they ar interchangible is this true?

I WOULD CALL L-W and ask them personally.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

NO! LW and AA are not on friendly terms, so why would one make a weapon system to use the other's ammo?  Espiecially when they are proprity rounds.

IMO you bought the wrong UPPER

Ant
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO! LW and AA are not on friendly terms, so why would one make a weapon system to use the other's ammo?  Espiecially when they are proprity rounds.

Ant

Heh heh heh
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:19:25 AM EDT
[#5]
No....please do not use .50 Beowulf ammo. It is not compatible.

Contact [email protected] for ammo and brass.

Simon
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ant

+1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I could be wrong , but i thought LW cases were a little longer than the Beowulf .
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:36:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ant

+1 I agree
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top