Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 5:56:39 PM EDT
Okay, some time ago (in the last 2 years I think), a member here posted a pic of a "proposed" round he/she was thinking of making. It was called the "44 Thermophylae", bascially the same principal as the 440 Corbon, but using .50 Beowulf as the parent case.

I wa wondering if this has gotten anywhere or just stayed as an idea w/ a example round....

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:32:49 PM EDT

This is what I was talking about..... does anyone recall seeing this posted here long ago.... Or who did it?

The info I recalled, it was just a dummy round as the person had Beawulf brass and 440 Corbon dies.... the individual was 'thinking' of having an upper made (reamer, dies, etc...)
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:22:49 AM EDT
Looks interesting. The downrange ballistics would have to be better then that of the Beo. Does that use a .429 profectile? There are some great ones out there for that bullet diameter: Partition, Solid Copper, XTPs, ... The only complication may be the barrel diameter in the AR...?
nate
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:10:26 PM EDT
I was trying to find out of the member who orginally posted (and created the dummy round) would post. Last I recall, the person was thinking of making a custom reamer to make the said round...... but tha was about 2 years or more ago.....

Top Top