Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 6:13:16 PM EDT
I know Oly makes 40 S&W uppers but does anyone else make them?

The problem I see with Oly is that the mags are pricey.

I know that they also offer Glock lowered rifles but they are scarce and I have heard very little about them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Lee at LRM will make you one.

And it'll sound like a paintball gun.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I know Oly makes 40 S&W uppers but does anyone else make them?

The problem I see with Oly is that the mags are pricey.
Well, they do set it up with Uzi mags... $$.   The other option is feed it with Sten mags, but to get 40 S&W to run, you need to modify the mag slightly, dictating it to 40 use..  I have a fella is maybe going to prototype a follower for 40 S&W, so it should be a bit easier to convert the mag.  Nothing heard yet from him.. I'm supposed to test drive the prototype with my M11, as I run 40 in M11 with Sten mags.

I know that they also offer Glock lowered rifles but they are scarce and I have heard very little about them.
Ohio member has 1, looks like it could use better grade of barrel, looked crappy inside the bore, and be sure to use genuine GLOCK  mag, he had an aftermarket mag (29 rd) that did not have the metal liner, it would not feed consistent, kept jamming.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an OLY Glock 9mm and I love it.  2000 plus rounds through it now.  No problems.  You do need to use factory Glock mags only for best results.  They are only 22.00 dollars(Glock 18 33rounders).  I got a flat top, 11.5 5.5 FS built from OLY.  Took about a month.  They were backlogged then.  I hear they are up and running now.  Check Atlanticfirearms for availability, cheaper too.  Good luck!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Parshooter,

Thanks for the link but I so no mention about Oly 40 mags.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I don't know if they offer it yet, but a 40 upper on the "Glock" mag Oly lower would work.  You can use hi cap Glock mags or the 29 round Scherer mag....  I don't keep up w/ what Oly offers that much...so I don't know if a Oly "Glock mag" AR in 40 is avail...just know the 9.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the link but I saw no mention about Oly 40 mags.

Yea, just noticed he's changed his homepage.  He had a note up prior saying that he was offering the uppers in .40 & .45.  Presume he could still do it.  

Lee doesn't supply any mags.  For the 9mm uppers he uses a tensioned screw in magwell adapter.  But I forget who makes it.   Flip him an email:  [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have any feedback on the Oly 40 with a Glock  lower?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#8]
i have a .40 oly upper.  yes the mags are pricey.  you can get an SNS mag block or the like and put sten mags in there modded to use .40.  just have to modify the lip and that's it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I posted a thread a while back:

OLY GL40 Thread

ours are still in the field, though at this point we are maintaining a one year moratorium on purchasing more till we get a report back on their performance.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top