Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 8:58:17 PM EDT
Can anyone PLEASE point me in the direction of a 30rd mag for my .22 Atchison/Ciener conversion kit (from Kuehl Firarms)???? Apparantly the manufacturer that supplies Ciener has stopped making them.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I can point you twords your nearest ATM cause they are going to cost you some $$$ from $120-$160 each. I had a few but I traded them away.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 3:19:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Resq944, ATM;done. Yes, $120-$160 is what I expected to pay.

I was also wondering if anyone know ANY manufacturer of a complatible .22 mag. I mean BEFORE it is welded to the larger .223 mag dummy. It doesn't look like rocket science to duplicate, if only I could find a compatible .22 mag to start with.

If I didn't know any better I'd think this demand without supply was by design. I'm visiting my gunsmith/machinist today and seeing about duplicating this puppy. In my search for this 30rd mag, I've found plenty of customers willing to pay over $100 per mag. Anyway, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Ciener has thousands of mag bodies.  He was welding the block to them so they could be used in the AR/M16.  ATF shut him down in April of 02.  The rule is the mag has to work in the orginal gun after the modification, or it becomes a post ban.

On a side note, Model 1 sales just stated they have 150 Ciener mags ready to sell you for $175 each.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone on Bowers Board just posted a ad for NIW Ceiners for $125 (in the NFA parts section) under the title "100's of high capacity mags"

[url]www.subguns.com[/url]

[url]http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfapartsandaccys&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=528&query=retrieval[/url]

Theo
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:03:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Hope you saw the "heads up" they are already sold out
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Here is s 22cal 30rd mag. I bought one and it is very, very close to the mag in the Ciener. It doesn't have the mag well of course.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=6928302
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top