Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2009 1:57:12 PM EDT
Sorry for the newb quistion but do they make a 308 upper for an AR-15 lower or does it have to be a AR-10 lower to take the 308 magizine?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
AR 10 receiver required to accomodate the round and magazines.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]
For .308 it has to be a AR10 but you can get a AR15 in

7.62 x 39  AK round
6.8 spc

About as close to an .308 as you can without buying a new platform.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely need a new lower.

I have a DPMS .308 and I don't think all .308 magazines fit all lowers.  I'll have to do some research on that but I'm sure some here know all the details.
The DPMS mag that came with the gun wouldn't fit in a .308 Armalite lower.  This was a surprise to us both.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Definitely need a new lower.

I have a DPMS .308 and I don't think all .308 magazines fit all lowers.  I'll have to do some research on that but I'm sure some here know all the details.
The DPMS mag that came with the gun wouldn't fit in a .308 Armalite lower.  This was a surprise to us both.

You are right.  Many of them do not interchange.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#5]
THis is a big downside for the .308s or AR-10s.  Most of the stuff isn't interchangable.  I wisht they would all standardize their dimensions and make all the components interchanable.  The Noveske Lowers only fit Armalites and Noveske uppers.  

So I wonder if the DPMS lower .308s will fit any other uppers othern than DPMS?
Does anybody know the answer to this?

I would like to build a SS upper for the DPMS lower.  Basically have a carbine upper and sniper type upper for the DPMS lower untill I can build another lower.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top