Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 7:45:02 PM EDT
I recently purchased an upper chambered in 300 Wisper caliber. I have yet to load any ammo.

1. Does anyone have any favorite loads for this caliber in Supersonic and subsonic?
2. What seems to be the better suited bullets for supersonic and subsonic?
3. What are everyones general thoughts on this caliber?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 300 Whisper with a 1 in 10 barrel. This is good for the bullets up to about 185/190 grain shooting supersonic. Subsonic loads can be done for lighter bullets with this barrel.

I love the heck out mine. It holds less than 1 in groups for ALL ammo fired at 100 yds. Easy on the should (no recoil), and light weight.

Check out this link for more info:

[url]http://www.quarterbore.com/300whisper/[/url]

Do a web search for 300 Whisper and you will come up with a bunch of sites that have loading data on them.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top