Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
4/18/2021 9:59:29 PM
Posted: 10/9/2012 7:08:55 AM EDT
Picked up some of the Remington 220gr OTM ammo as I wait for my Gemtech can to return and was kinda shocked when I opened up the box.  I have heard of a few reports of lack luster accuracy from various 300blk ammo, in particular the subsonic stuff.  

But to a guy with some precision shooting and reloading experience, this was just unacceptable.  The OAL of the rounds were wildly variable.  Below wasn't the worst rounds, I literally just grabbed a handful from the box of 20 and lined them up.  

I measured the OAL of all the rounds in the two boxes and it was horribly inconsistent.  I emailed Remington and they seem to be taking the situation very serious and have forwarded my pictures on to the engineer responsible for the round supposedly and also a few production managers.  I will also be shipping the ammo back to them for inspection.  

I am very new to the round so not sure if this is a known problem but still scratching my head on how this got past quality control at Remington.  If this is the norm for stuff coming off the 300BLK production line than I can likely see where concerns for subsonic accuracy come from.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 7:22:34 AM EDT
Well considering my father once had a factory box of Remington 10 gauge with a 12 randomly suck in it that was discovered only after he fired it, or the time he had one of their hunting loads failed to go off on a whitetail this does not surprise me at all...
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 8:09:30 AM EDT
HSM and PNW arms do a much better job with thier ammo, Remington is hit or miss, I bought several boxes of UMC 115 gr rounds and seating depth was all over the place in some boxes consistent in others.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 12:43:13 PM EDT
Lol wtf?

I realize anyone can screw up, but that seems rather dangerous. Maybe Blk is not the highest pressure round, but that is piss poor qc.
Top Top