AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/23/2005 2:25:39 PM EDT
what is the difference between a stock trigger and a 2 stage trigger
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 2:29:11 PM EDT
[#1]
' bout a hundred bucks...
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]
sorry thats not the type of information i was looking for, but thank you for your witty reply
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Two different stages of pull weight.
A single stage has only one "feel" to it

The two stage has well... two
The first "stage" is a very light pull, to the point where the trigger reaches the second stage, then it resists more and requires more force to release the sear.  So you take up the slack, hold steady, and squeeze... BANG
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Your stock trigger is a single stage trigger. The two stage is like the trigger in the Garand and the M14 (pretty much the same). There is a 1st stage were the inital slck or take up is and then you can feel the 2nd stage and pop goes the wesel. I have the Jewell 2 stage in my CMP rifle and I like it better than the JP single stage in my IPSC rifle.

YMMV
Bill
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
sorry thats not the type of information i was looking for, but thank you for your witty reply

I know, I'm just being a pain...
I knew someone would chime in and give you a proper response.

You might want to look into an RRA 2-stage.
Pretty affordable and no adj. set screws to fool with/come loose.

See? I know a little bit!
That'll be $100 please.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]
thank you for the explination.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#8]
While a stock trigger may be a single stage, few are really good single stage triggers.  Creep, hitches, overtravel all plague most std triggers that I've ever pulled.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Changed from a RRA single with some creep and about 8# pull to a RRA two-stage National Match trigger and it is well worth the money ($85).  There is a short, light pull w/o creep and it "hits a wall", then 4.5# sets it off.  Sweet, son has a Chip McCormick 2 stage that he loves.hunting
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
' bout a hundred bucks...

hehehe
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I suggest shooting an AR with a 2-stage trigger before buying one. A 2 stage trigger set-up is NOT nessesarily better than a single stage...it's just different. I don't like 2 stage triggers in AR15's at all. They make the firing mechanism feel sloppy to me. I tried a RRA 2 stage trigger out because alot of people here were praising them alot, but sadly I was disappointed when I got it. Like I said, the set up feels sloppy to me. My new Bobcat BW89PDW has a 2 stage on it stock and I wish it didn't. A single stage would be SO nice in it!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a RRA 2 stage trigger that was not smooth until 500 to 750 rounds.  While it is good in my varmint rifle, I would much rather a crisp single stage trigger.  

The rest of my RR AR's all have their single stage ste-ups.  They are rough, but are getting worked in.  

I am thinking about getting a McCormik to try it out, CMC single stage.

77Bronc
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top