Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 7:43:19 AM EDT
do any of you know if an Oly 9mm can feed from a two position feed mag.  i have been thinking about making a set of blocks/spacers to fit inside of a .223 mag with an integral feed ramp to feed 9mm out of a .223 mag.  i think it would be a perfect for the Oly's upper mounted ejector. i don't have an oly bolt to see how it fits a dual feed mag.  i got the idea from MartyW saying that he converted thermoulds to feed 7.62x25, but that is in the 9mm colt system/ standard .223 bolt.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#2]
You need to grind of a small portion of the feed lip area on the .223 mag. The top of the mag hits the ejector spring assy and won't go in far enough to engage the mag catch.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you gentleman!  I think that i'll start palying around with the idea to see if i can get the spacers correct, then when i get the upper make the adjustments at that time.

thaks again!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been thinking on this a little more.  will the Oly 9mm bolt head work in a standard .223 carrier?  that would ensure positive 2 position feed.

thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I put an OLY bolt-head in a standard Bushmaster FA carrier.  Had to do a little Dremel adjustment to make it work with Sten mags, but it now works like a charm both SA and FA.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent!  thanks for the info Shooter480!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top