Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 4:12:12 AM EDT
Is anyone making a NON-tactical 2 piece free float?  I really don’t need tactical but would like 2 piece.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is anyone making a NON-tactical 2 piece free float?  I really don’t need tactical but would like 2 piece.

Your question seems a bit confusioning to me.
Free flot refers do not touch anything forward of the barrel nut. 2 peice require attatching at the barrke nut as well as the front handgaurd cap. Thus not free floating.

2- peice and free float are ....well 2 different things!

Maybe I am just not getting what your asking though.

ETA: Unless your talking about a DCM FF tube and standard handgaurds.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't seen a 2 piece free float that didn't have rails.

If you want a 2 piece without rails, you would have to go non-free float.

There are many styles of non-railed ff handguards that are not 2 piece if you really don't have your heart set on a 2 piece.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
By "non-tactical" I am presuming you mean no rails?  If that is that case, then no.  Do you want to 2 piece so you do not have to take off the FSB and achieve FF?  Just get a railed system and put rail covers on it.  That would be the best way to go.  That way, you can add a light (if your AR is a defensive weapon then a light is mandatory) more effectively and easily.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your question seems a bit confusioning to me.
Free flot refers do not touch anything forward of the barrel nut. 2 peice require attatching at the barrke nut as well as the front handgaurd cap. Thus not free floating.

2- peice and free float are ....well 2 different things!

Maybe I am just not getting what your asking though.

ETA: Unless your talking about a DCM FF tube and standard handgaurds.

The only thing I can think of that is "non-tactical" is the DCM, PRI carbon tubes, or some of the other non-railed or add later FF tubes, but none of those are 2 piece so far as I know.  

OP- Why do you need 2 pieces?  What are you planning to mount both pieces to?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#5]
The Armalite, Hogue, and JP FF handguards are two pieces....the barrel nut and the tube.  I am sure there are others that are made in this configuration.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Armalite, Hogue, and JP FF handguards are two pieces....the barrel nut and the tube.  I am sure there are others that are made in this configuration.

I think he means 2 piece handguards like the MI and Troy handguards that are FF and the tube comes apart, just without the rails.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Actual that is not correct. The handgaurd is only one peice. The Barrel nut is, a barrel nut.
With your logic a 2 piece forearm would actually be a 7 piece. The delta parts, and front hangaurd cap as well as the handgaurds which may have heat shields adding another 2 parts! Hell that would make them 9 piece,
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies.  Yea I am talking about a free floating handguard with no rails that you can install w/out removing the front sights and gas block.

I was looking at the MI and Troy, but I just dont need the rails.  And I would rather not alter the sights.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  Yea I am talking about a free floating handguard with no rails that you can install w/out removing the front sights and gas block.

I was looking at the MI and Troy, but I just dont need the rails.  And I would rather not alter the sights.

Do you need freefloat handguards? Many people indicate that you will not see an accuracy change with ff handguards. YHM makes a non-ff 2 piece tube to replace your plastic handguards. Although, without rails, you haven't gained anything with that setup. You can always use a Troy style rail and get some rail covers, like the Tango Down covers, and give it a similar feel as the M4 handguards.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top