Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 8:18:19 AM EDT
How should a two-stage trigger feel as compared to a single stage?

I have a Browning and a Ruger rifle, in both the trigger lets off at a clean 4lbs with ZERO travel in the ruger (which has had some trigger work) and just a hair in the Browning (A-Bolt Medallion).

I gather these are single stage?  So, what's two-stage?  I had one in an AR but it never was set right, so I don't know what it was supposed to do.

Looking for a varmint rifle so... not sure if this is desirable or not.  I print pretty well with the Ruger (the browning's a LOT lighter with an ultra-light contour bbl).  The Browning I'm also OK with - doubt the trigger's a limiting factor on either rifle, though I've shot rifles that it was.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:23:56 AM EDT
FWIW, the Ruger M77VT rifles come with a 2-stage while others have single stage trigger IIRC, best description of different AR triggers is here: [url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/triggerfaq.msnw[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:30:51 AM EDT
Thanks.  I've got a Ruger 77 RTS in 7mm RM.  It's about 30 years old.  Probably has less than 300 rounds through it.  Drives tacks, that one.  The stock isn't exactly a masterpiece, but it's strong and it fits.

Anyhow, thanks for the link.
Top Top