Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 8:44:19 AM EDT
I have used and like Rock River Arms 2-Stage Triggers and I recently got a really good deal on a slightly used LMT 2-Stage Trigger and would like to know how it compares with Rock River Arms 2- Stage Trigger.

I know the LMT Triggers have been around longer than the Rock River Arms triggers. What I am really wanting to know is how reliable are the LMT Triggers. I have a Rock River Arms 2 Stage Trigger that has easily over 7 thousand rounds on it with zero problems.

I have done a search and I agree the Rock River Arms has a better Disconector set up or at least feel, again my main focus is reliability.

Thanks for your replies

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
imo the rra is a low budget twostage
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]
are rra and lmt your only choices right now?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a jewel in my Match Rifle and I use Rock River Arms in my other rifle.

I recently got a good deal on the LMT Trigger and I am trying to decide if I will keep it or sell it and get another Rock River Arms 2-Stage Trigger. I think the Rock River Arms feels better again if the LMTs are known to be reliable I will keep it.

Reliability of the LMT is my main concern / question

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Look into the Geissele High Speed 2-Stage Trigger...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#5]
i would pick the lmt over rra
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1

...And I'd take a CMC over them all. It may not be the best but I think it's the best for the money spent.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:30:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

...And I'd take a CMC over them all. It may not be the best but I think it's the best for the money spent.

+1, i have two
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#8]
BIG Negative on the LMT

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=262155
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
BIG Negative on the LMT

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=262155

This is something that bothers me for a purportedly "superior" trigger.  I am going to function test mine, and then see what I can do to have it remedied if this problem exists.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:16:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got 2 stage LMT and RRA triggers.

Based purely on what I've read about both on these forums, I'd be a lot more worried about my RRA going "single stage", complaints about the LMT triggers are rare, perhaps they have superior hardening.  And if the RRA trigger malfunctions, the posts here on "tuning" it would be very useful.

In actual use, my LMT triggers are superb, never a problem.  The one WES at MSTN picked out of a LMT lower for me is particularly nice, almost as good as my KAC.  The other is just simply a great 2-stage trigger from Denny (many thanks).  With either, I have never noticed any slap, doubling, loss of the second stage, or any other problem.  With very light occasional lube, 1000's of rounds later both are a pleasure to use and very smooth.

My RRA is "low mileage", but it is also very good (came in a RRA lower from Pete at Legal Transfers), and was a bargain.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Based on the design of the LMT & Armalite trigger, I would never buy one.

From my experience with the Armalite and its lack of relief  for the disconnector, I would never buy one.  

Below is a quote one of my other posts regarding this the Armalite trigger -

On the Armalite, there isn't enough room for the disconnector to move rearwards. The disconnector bottoms out on the trigger before the disconnector can pivot around and catch the hammer. If the disconnect bottoms out on the trigger and the hammer still needs to come rearwards, then it is going to push the trigger out towards your finger. Not a good design IMO. This of course would occur when you fire a round and still have the trigger held rearward. You would not detect this if you forgot to function test it with the trigger back.

The RRA on the other hand has about twice the available room for the disconnector to move rearwards. This allows for proper function.

The Geissele is also different from the other 3 and appears that it would have enough disconnector travel for proper function.

If you look at pics of these models you will see the noticable difference in disconnector setups between the RRA, Geissel, & LMT/Armalite.

Function test - unload the firearm, manually cycle the action, dryfire the weapon and keep the trigger held back. With the trigger still held back, grab the charging handle and manually cycle the action again. Did the tigger push back on your finger?  you can also do this without the upper by just manipulating the hammer and trigger.

The Geissele trigger is the one that really has my attention.

If those of you with the LMT / Armalite triggers could checked for this trigger slap/ disconnector problem and report your findings, I would greatly appreciate it.  

Maybe we can determine if it is a common / inherent problem.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top