Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 2:25:02 PM EST
How does M1s measure their barrel? If it's the 11/2" that goes in the upper that's 6" forward from the receiver, with a front sight, that wouldn't leave room for a ff tube. On my 2 9mm the mini ff tube butts right up to the front sight
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:16:34 PM EST
I'm fairly certain the measure from the breechface. 16" has the external length very similar the 14".223.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:27:50 PM EST
Every barrel maker pretty much measures their barrels the same way. Depending on the caliber, you can end up with a different OAL of the assembled upper - a 16" .22LR barrel sits further into an upper than a 16" .223 barrel does, so the OAL of a complete upper can vary.

Here's a 7.5" M1S barrel inside a carbine length YHM tube. Without the Spikes fake can/shroud, the barrel doesn't really make it out the end of the handguard. With the fake can, it sticks out liek an 1/8th of an inch.

If you want a 7.5" barrel with a front sight post, you eill probably want to go with a YHM 4" mini tube.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:07:13 PM EST
The 4.1 YHM mini is what I have on my 9mms and they butt right up to the front sight. If I lose 1 1/2 inch in the receiver which is what the dedicated 22 barrels do I don't see how a mini tube would fit? Am I missing something?? I have been known to step on snakes
Top Top