Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/1/2006 1:32:56 PM EST
Hi All, I was reading some posts on the AR15's and ran across a fellow referring to a 22 conversion for his AR that he carries with him when he goes to the range. Maybe I'm dumb, but how do you convert a center fire rifle to a rimfire? The idea interested me because I really have a lot of fun firing those little inexpensive shells. ha! If any of you guy's could shed some light on this subject for me I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:34:30 PM EST
Here is one link of many out there, Should answer your question.

.22 LR Conversion Kit
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:40:31 PM EST
DPMS makes em, they sell for about $175 or so... I have one.

It is a bolt replacement. You remove the AR15 bolt carrier group and put in the .22LR bolt group. Then you use a different mag that hold .22LR rounds but fits in the AR-15 magwell.

Conversion take me about 8 seconds. :)
Top Top