Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 2:32:56 PM EDT
Hi All,  I was reading some posts on the AR15's and ran across a fellow referring to a 22 conversion for his AR that he carries with him when he goes to the range.   Maybe I'm dumb, but how do you convert a center fire rifle to a rimfire?  The idea interested me because I really have a lot of fun firing those little inexpensive shells. ha!  If any of you guy's could shed some light on this subject for me I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is one link of many out there, Should answer your question.

.22 LR Conversion Kit
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
DPMS makes em, they sell for about $175 or so...  I have one.

It is a bolt replacement.  You remove the AR15 bolt carrier group and put in the .22LR bolt group.  Then you use a different mag that hold .22LR rounds but fits in the AR-15 magwell.

Conversion take me about 8 seconds.  :)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top