Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/2/2008 5:46:44 PM EDT
hi i need help from the expert,
my ciener will stop after 3 to 4 rounds of full auto fire i am using a high velocity ammo. when i check the bolt  i can see that the hammer is down and there is no sign of the firing pin hitting the live ammo inside the chamber.

what can i do?
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have the anti-bounce weight installed?
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Check you firing pin.

It may be broken.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 3:12:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 5:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like you have a bolt bounce issue. you need to run the anti-bounce weight and maybe a stiffer recoil spring, especially if your running high velocity ammo.

I was having a similar problem with my 22 upper.  It ran great in semi-auto but in full-auto it wouldn't work most of the time.  I had the ball detent mod done and it still didn't fix the problem.  I had to install a lakeside recoil spring and the anti-bounce weight.  I thought I could use just the ball detent mod and get rid of the anti-bounce weight but I was wrong.  Still have to use both to make the upper work properly.

The upper works great now.  Badazzar15 helped me with mine and I am sure he and others on here will be able to get yours running like a champ.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#5]
the 22 conversion was running perfectly, just suddenly it stopped i used the anti bounce it will only shoot about 5 rnds in full auto. i will try to use lakeside springs
thannks

Link Posted: 7/4/2008 2:17:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#7]
hey guys thanks for the help the stiffer spring and antibounce did it
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:00:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top