Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/18/2016 8:15:25 PM EDT
I am building a SBR 22 AR with a CMMG 4.5 inch barrel and bolt with a better mag adapter.

I have been running the upper on another SBR lower but am getting the parts for its own lower while waiting on the stamp.

So far, my Geissele SD-E has worked perfect.

However, I don't know that I want to spend that much for a 22.

What have you guys been running successfully?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:39:46 PM EDT
i am using a RRA 2 stage.. for a plinker its more than good enough

brian
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:53:18 PM EDT

Greetings,

Due to a compatability issue with my specific .22 upper/bolt and the "G" FCGs I tried (SSA, SSA/E), I ended up using the same as "thatguy" mentioned below. It's worked out just fine. Not quite as refined as a "G" product, but not too bad at all. I have the 2 stage "NM" version. Good luck with your build!

Regards, Jim

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thatguy:
i am using a RRA 2 stage.. for a plinker its more than good enough

brian
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:00:03 PM EDT
+3 on the RRA NM trigger... actually, I use it in all my competition rifles... the .22lr is on a back up lower
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:26:44 PM EDT
I think the RRA trigger is an excellent choice, but I prefer a single stage trigger and use the POF 4.5 trigger.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:53:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bluebeemer:
I think the RRA trigger is an excellent choice, but I prefer a single stage trigger and use the POF 4.5 trigger.
View Quote

I run a POF 4.5 on my 9mm SBR, have any trouble with the 22?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:19:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tabrams92:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

None. I actually went to it after having erratic ignition problems with my Timney 3 lb trigger. After discussing my problems with Tim @Taccom, I went to a pressure plug and the POF to counter what was best described as tolerance stacking. It has been through thousands of rounds since without a problem. I also use the POF in my 9mm SBRs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:33:09 PM EDT

None. I actually went to it after having erratic ignition problems with my Timney 3 lb trigger. After discussing my problems with Tim @Taccom, I went to a pressure plug and the POF to counter what was best described as tolerance stacking. It has been through thousands of rounds since without a problem. I also use the POF in my 9mm SBRs.
View All Quotes

Thanks, I'll toss my 22 upper on my 9mm lower and see how it runs with the POF.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:33:09 PM EDT

View All Quotes

Thanks, I'll toss my 22 upper on my 9mm lower and see how it runs with the POF.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:17:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/20/2016 7:18:08 AM EDT by bravo5two]
View Quote

Thanks for the suggestion, I just ordered a POF 4.5 for my other .22 AR. Tried out the JMT trigger in it but as suspected, no-go with my mix of .22. So far my Spike .22 likes the Timney 308 trigger.

AIM has a great deal on POF trigger now using coupon code (you guys know where to get it from )
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:20:08 AM EDT
Because I run my 22 AR more than any of my other rifles I recently , switched from an RRA 2 stage, great setup which have served me well for years, to CMC 3.5 . a very noticeable upgrade and worth the money for me. That said either the RRA or the CMC are great choices.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:29:25 AM EDT
I've got one of the $125 3lb Velocity triggers in mine and it works great.
Top Top