Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 6:17:02 PM EDT
I have a USA 20rd mag.  I know for the most part they are shit but this one works.  I bought it 2 days after I moved from Jersey to PA (during the AWB) and because of living in Jersey I only could buy Bushy 10rd mags so I didn't have a clue about what was good or junk.  I even paid $30 for the thing.  I only used my USA 20rd mag a few times and I never tried to load more than 20rds.  The other day I installed a Magpul follower and I wanted to see if it was going to limit how many rds the 20 would take.  I got to 20 and was happy that it didn't limit any rounds.  I realized there was still some room so I loaded 2 more with zero problems and I could possibly load a 23rd.  Is this normal or just chalk it up as being normal messed up USA mags.

thanks,
bill
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a nhmtg 20rounder with the Lplate and magpul follower, I can only get 19rds in it
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a USA 20rd mag.  I know for the most part they are shit but this one works.  I bought it 2 days after I moved from Jersey to PA (during the AWB) and because of living in Jersey I only could buy Bushy 10rd mags so I didn't have a clue about what was good or junk.  I even paid $30 for the thing.  I only used my USA 20rd mag a few times and I never tried to load more than 20rds.  The other day I installed a Magpul follower and I wanted to see if it was going to limit how many rds the 20 would take.  I got to 20 and was happy that it didn't limit any rounds.  I realized there was still some room so I loaded 2 more with zero problems and I could possibly load a 23rd.  Is this normal or just chalk it up as being normal messed up USA mags.

thanks,
bill

It's due to the USA mags being out of spec.  My Bushmaster 20s (D&H, Labelle, etc.) take exactly 20 rounds with Magpul followers installed.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top